[Solved] suspended account

dear heliohost admin,

please unsuspend my account. I can not figure out the reason of its suspension. if there is any issue or misuse please let me know, so I can avoid that in the future.

thank you for the great service! :)

regards,

Your account was suspended for Root Symlink. In fact, it cannot be unsuspended.

Root symlink is where someone creates a folder symlink pointed to / (basically a virtual folder that shows the entire server's contents). It's very common on accounts that get hacked and is generally used to attempt to compromise the server. You will need to create a new account.

Sorry for inconvenience that made this cause.

when I try to create a new account, using the same email address, the signup page lands on my previous "account suspended" notification page. Can this be fixed? Or is there a way to just reset my account, wipe its content, so I can use it again?

Thank you for the reply! When I try to create a new account (sign-up), I enter my email, solve the captcha, press the next step button, then I am automatically redirected to the "account status" page where it says my account is suspended.

Please check your email for an invite for a new account. You will need to pick a different username.

As for the original cause, yes, Wordpress got hacked. We highly recommend Wordpress not be used for this and many other reasons. It's terrible software, and the free plugins that are often full of malware make things even worse. Many of our users have had bette success with joomla as a replacement that doesn't have these issues.