[Solved] timeout before its time

Amoss

Hi

I have a client with ResponseTimeout of 1000 minutes.

Java servlet installed in a VPS with a session timeout of 30minutes.

Despite that, the connection seems to disconnect after 30 seconds with a null response as if something broke the connection in the middle.

Any idea how can I check what happens and/or how can I know whether the problem is on the client or server side?

Thanks

Does the connection break if you connect directly to the .war via port 8080 rather than using the proxy through apache. That should narrow it down to whether apache or tomcat is the issue.

I have a VPS with a tomcat and the war is deployed there.

When running against the WAR locally (eclipse), everything is working great.

When running against the VPS, I get disconnections from time to time without any specific rule for that to happen.

I'm trying to reach Krydos in order to see what's going on while I run the problematic scenario but I understand he is one person that needs to handle a lot of things. I left a message but we are on different timezones so we barely "meet". Is there someone who can help me with checking what's going on? It's been over a week like that and I really want to make it work already. The reason I moved to the VPS is to make things run smooth but as things are now, the server is not stable.

@Krydos was last online yesterday morning (my time) and I'm a bit lost here...

Please help.

Thanks

Edited by Amoss

Via port 8080.

I have found the logs, deleted them so I will have clean folder, ran again the process, for some reason, I got no new log files at all, not sure why but also I don't see the problem again.

Tomcat probably needs to be restarted before the logs will be recreated. The way I clear logs like catalina.out is

cat /dev/null > /opt/tomcat/live/logs/catalina.out
The daily type logs it's probably fine to outright delete the old ones. To shutdown tomcat run

/opt/tomcat/live/bin/shutdown.sh
and then to start it again run

/opt/tomcat/live/bin/startup.sh