[Solved] Suspended: jptiger

a. your HelioHost username : jptiger
b. the server your account is on: Tommy
c. your HelioHost main domain: joelrputnam.com

For some reason I wasn't notified of the suspension, only found out by trying to access my site. Last email I have from Heliohost was an inactivity warning in April (after which I promptly logged into my account to prevent further issues).

Edited by JpTiger

Your wordpress was hacked. This happens far too often with Wordpress because it has horribly written code that is very insecure and easily hacked. Most free wordpress themes and plugins are simply backdoors that once installed notify the hacker of your Wordpress install and they frequently set up a phishing website on your domain or send out spam emails. We strongly recommend not using Wordpress for this and many other reasons. Since your account was hacked we can't unsuspend it or provide a backup of the compromised files. You'll have to use your most recent backup that is known to be clean, or better yet start your website over using literally anything other than Wordpress. A lot of our ex-Wordpress users find Joomla to be a great replacement that has basically all the same functionality without as much risk of being hacked. I have freed up your domain, and sent you an email invitation to create a new account on Tommy. You'll be able to use the same domain and email address again, but you'll need to use a different username. Let us know if you have any questions or need any help with anything.

• Like 1

Thanks for the fast response! Sorry to hear all that but my personal site was due for a redesign anyway. Will figure out what to do with my old wedding website and one for my grandparents' ranch. Hope this didn't have broader ramifications for other users or your servers...

First remaining issue: I got the link to create a new account on Tommy. I clicked it and followed the prompts, which led to a screen saying to look for a verification email. None arrived, so I clicked the resend link, which appears to have worked. However clicking the link in that brings me to the server selection screen and all the servers are full.

Much less pressing: I donated to the Sparkie GoFundMe campaign (4/14/19) and had my server space doubled. May I have that same amount of space again? I'm hoping to register with my same old screenname.

Thanks again

Edited by JpTiger

Same thing happened. I actually got emails to two addresses, one starts joe the other jtr (I can dm you if you need the full address from me to identify). Maybe that's why it's kicking me to verification?

I sent the invitation link to the email starting with joe- which is what your hosting account was using. Wolstech sent his invitation link to your jtr- email address which is what your forum account is using. Neither of which have been used. The way this should work is

• Open your email.
  • Open the email with the subject HelioHost Tommy Invitation.
  • Click the link labeled Create Tommy Account.
  • Pick your username.
  • Pick your domain.
  • Set your password.
  • Agree to the terms of service.
  • Click next after your forum account is created for you.
  • Click check status.
  • Refresh the page until your account is created.
I just tested the entire process by sending myself a Tommy invitation link and it all worked as expected. Let me know what step above you're getting off track so I can troubleshoot where the problem is. I just sent a fresh invite link to the joe- email address.

Thanks, it's now working. Just waiting for the account to processed now. When I was trying to pick a username jptiger was taken thanks to my previous attempts. I've used jptiger0 instead-- would it be possible to rename the account without the 0?

For the record, I don't know why the links are showing as unused as I did click each of them (more than once, actually-  the second time for each of course brought me to pages saying the link was invalid). The first time I clicked each I followed steps 1-4. At step 4 I chose the name "jptiger". Where step 5 would be I was prompted to enter an email address and in the second email complete a reCAPTCHA challenge. At that point I was given a screen asking me to check my inbox for a validation email.

You'll be able to use the same domain and email address again, but you'll need to use a different username. 

Unfortunately, as Krydos said earlier you need to pick a different username. This is because when accounts are suspended usernames are not freed as the account is not actually deleted. If I remember correctly, HelioHost's policy is to not delete any hacked accounts (or any account used for phishing, malware distribution or any other illegal activities) in case the content of the account is requested by law enforcement for evidence in a case.

The only way to change the cPanel username in an account once it has been created is to delete and recreate the account.      

The first time I clicked each I followed steps 1-4. At step 4 I chose the name "jptiger". Where step 5 would be I was prompted to enter an email address and in the second email complete a reCAPTCHA challenge. At that point I was given a screen asking me to check my inbox for a validation email.

That's the issue then. Your browser wasn't processing the javascript correctly because the next button on the username screen should be greyed out until you pick a username that isn't already in use. Then the account creation process detects invalid data, usually a hacking attempt, and kicks you out. Like I said originally you have to pick a different username when your account is hacked.

Got it. thanks for explaining, sorry for missing that point about usernames earlier.

I'll stick with the jptiger0 username then. It appears to be set up. May I have the storage space increased again?

I'll likely have to restore WP and my old site in the short term but I'm looking into replacements now. Grav seems promising, though it looks like it requires a newer version of PHP... H'anyway I think that's a discussion for a different forum.

Thanks again for your help.

Your storage space has been increased. We support php 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, and 7.2 currently. We will be supporting php 7.3 before too long as well. I'm sure 7.2 is new enough for grav though.