Heliomine for ARM + suggestions

ikk157

Hello,

1) Is there any version of Heliomine that i can run on my raspberry pi 3B+ which has an ARM cpu?

2) Can the windows version have an option where it auto starts mining immediately on boot up (not just on idle) and stay mining 24/7 no matter what time it is?

Thanks!

For number 1, no there isn’t. Xmrig isn’t supported on ARM and I’m not sure if Stak can build for that platform. If so, the Linux version of heliomine might work.

Number 2, you can create a shortcut to rgsbroker.exe and place it in your startup folder to do this, or you can just manually start it and leave it running. I’ll consider adding a proper option for future versions :) Thanks for the suggestions.

I’ve already tried the linux version, it errors out saying i need an x86 system. I heard that there’s a java version in development which can be run on a browser, is it still being actively developed? And can we expect it anytime soon?

Also, isn’t there a way I could find some sort of ARM compatible miner and somehow get it to count towards the heliomine scoreboard?

And for the shortcut method of running it on windows:

1) Will that still count towards the scoreboard?

2) Any way it could just run in the background without it showing the mining log? I’m trying to do this on several PCs that aren’t mine (with permission ofc) but I don’t want anything that’ll pop up on their screen every time they boot up, or just randomly while they’re using the PC

The Javascript version has been cancelled because the company that supplied the code behind it went out of business due to abuse.

To my knowledge, there is no ARM miner that supports the coins we mine. I was hoping Stak would at least build, but apparently not. Turtlecoin takes a proprietary algorithm known as cryptonight-turtle, which is designed to be lightweight and mineable on both GPUs and CPUs, though nobody has bothered to code an ARM version of this miner. If you find one, let me know and I can provide you with the settings to mine for us.

Aeon is in the middle of switching to an algo known as K12 which will need a GPU initially, and an ASIC as time goes on. This consequently will soon be unsuitable for rPi mining, and will be dropped from HelioMine/RGS at that time due to the limited number of devices that have the required hardware.

Support for standard Monero has been considered, but the difficulty may prove to be an issue.

I am open to suggestions for new coins to mine on the HelioMine/RGS platform though :) The only requirement is it must be mineable on a standard CPU, have a reasonable price and difficulty, and be available for sale on either Tradeogre or Bittrex.

As for the shortcut method, yes it will count for the scoreboard so long as you have the username set in the settings, and the tray icon is left running (if you "Exit" the tray, the statistics will not transmit). If you want to mine in the background at boot, you can modify the task scheduler task instead. It should be in task scheduler labeled HelioMine Miner (or possibly RGS Miner depending on version). Just edit the task and add an extra trigger to "Run at system startup". Then right click it and run to start mining. 

Not in its current incarnation no. Back in the day when turtle used CN-light it could, but based on the list on algos on the front page of the github, they never added CN-turtle support, so no. If it does support that algo, then in theory yes it could mine turtle.

Because up until January 2019 the coin used CN light which that miner does support. The coin has since changed algorithms to one it does not support.

The video is from 2018 back when it was still compatible and is now outdated.

I’m not aware of any support for ARM. You wouldn’t make anything anyway. At current difficulty, an rPi would produce a penny a month or less. Turtlecoin is at end of usefulness for heliomine anyway due to changing market conditions.

A better approach would be to find a coin that can mine effectively on ARM and is also for sale on Bittrex or Tradeogre. I can then set up a wallet and you can mine that instead.