Heliomine for ARM + suggestions

ikk157

That computer is reporting an Intel Graphics HD 3000 as it's primary video card, however the miner shows both cards.

• Intel HD 3000 is being ignored due to being an Intel (miners only support AMD and NVIDIA)
  • AMD HD7400M doesn't meet minimum requirements for mining (R7 or newer and 1GB VRAM) though it appears to be attempt it. It won't produce much if anything due to age and lack of memory.

Your CPU is putting up 500H on its own though, which isn't bad for an older laptop.

You should never compare one coin to another based on speed because speeds are not generally comparable across coins due to different algorithms and implementations. Coins labeled as using the same algo can sort of be compared, but it has to be the exact same algo and version, and even then implementation differences mean speed will differ somewhat.

Digibyte is a bad coin to compare anything with because it's actually a mix of algos.

Does the miner generate any errors about the AMD module when you run the miner manually, or is it mining with a speed of 0? Mining with a speed of 0 means your device tried to use that GPU, however the hardware either lacks the video memory to use it effectively, is simply not fast enough to produce anything with the algorithm, or on rare occasion it can be drivers that are incompatible or that have hung.

Heliomine only has 2 algorithms supported by its mining assignments at the moment, and they're all in the Cryptonight family. We specifically use CN-Turtle (TurtleCoin) and CN-Light (Aeon). CN-Light is being eliminated in an upcoming Aeon update, and replaced with an algorithm that caters to ASICs.

The heliominer shows a speed that fluctuates from 500 to 900H/s, not sure if it’s showing any errors related to the gpu as I cannot really understand it.

If you’re asking about the digiminer, it goes all the way too 8000kH/s, and it shows no errors

Digibyte doesn't use the same algorithm, so it can't be meaningfully compared to Turtlecoin.

On the other hand, if I can find a command line miner for Digibyte that's compatible with the backend I use, I might be able to support that in Heliomine and you can contribute that way instead. I'll dig into it more when I have some time.

Digibyte cannot be supported because it requires specialized ASIC hardware to mine meaningful amounts. We also have nowhere to sell it.

I'll probably end up patching in support for some small-time coins like the Electronero series or something instead. Cryptonight and its variants always seems to be the best choice for a distributed mining application like HelioMine.

Cryptonight will mine on nearly any x86-based CPU and any AMD or nV GPU that's not too old (AMD R7+ or nvidia GTX 670+), uses miner software that is nearly universal, runs on most OSes, and is easy to automate, and is well understood and basically the norm for coins focused on CPU mining. Major downsides are the limited number of coins to pick from and lack of miner support for non-x86 processors (it can be done, but nobody has bothered to write miners to do it).

• 2 weeks later...

flazepe I figured, got super confused when i saw krydos using it haha. Anyways how did you quote the post? I’m on mobile and I don’t see the option anywhere. Is it only on the desktop version?

Edit: nvm never knew clicking on the post displayed more options including the quote button

Anyways back to topic lol

• Like 1

flazepe I figured, got super confused when i saw krydos using it haha. Anyways how did you quote the post? I’m on mobile and I don’t see the option anywhere. Is it only on the desktop version?

Click on the post u wanna quote and you will see an option there. It works on mobile too.