Heliomine for ARM + suggestions

ikk157

Yeah flazepe I can confirm that he did initial quote the message with the edited part and then later on removed it to make it seem like he posted his message before I edited mine.

Anyways back to topic, which i’ll repeat as my message got spammed out:

Wolstech I tried xmrig to mine turtle coin and got a hash rate of 1.2kH/s which is wayyyy better than the 500H/s i got with heliomine.

• Like 1

Heliomine can actually run xmrig instead of stak. Some PCs do perform better in it, though the opposite is usually true.

I just switched your computer to xmrig manually. Quit the heliomine miner and restart it and it should run xmrig now. :)

Also, be aware that heliomine's xmrig won't use the entire cpu (it'll leave one core free where possible), so performance may be slightly less than when you mine manually using your own configuration that doesn't do this.

Oh wow now it’s worse than it was with xmr-stak and I’ve noticed a huge reduction of performance (it’s so bad the computer is struggling to launch the configuration).

Never thought i’ll say this but i guess I’m going to need to go back to xmr-stak. Any way I could do that manually so you don’t have to go through the trouble again?

Check the launcher stats, not the miner's own stats. The launcher stats are what the miner is telling Heliomine about its performance, and are the numbers reported to me.

You can see these numbers by starting RGSBroker.exe manually and watching for [LAUNCHER] lines in the miner output (usually they appear around once per minute), or by right clicking the tray icon and going to Settings, and checking the Statistics tab.

Also, verify the results are being accepted. If you're seeing lots of "Results rejected by the pool" lines, something is wrong (usually that means the assignment is outdated on my end).

Finally, the numbers I see are the current speed, not the historical averages of speed (the miner shows all 3).

Oh damn the statistics section does indeed show 1048H/s!

Do note that I simply can’t run it 24/7 so if you ever check and find it at 0H/s that’s because I don’t have it running at that time. Hope this isn’t an inconvenience.

Quick question: could mining potentially damage/fry a computer? I’ve seen many horror stories online but I’m not sure if they’re true.

Computers will turn themselves off if they overheat, so it won't be an issue for any commercially sold PC so long as its maintained. Just make sure your fans are working, the vents aren't clogged with dust, and the room air temp isn't too warm.

I ran my PC 24/7 for months and had no real issues with overheating. The only thing extra it needed was more frequent cleaning because the fans were running full blast the whole time.