Google Chrome

Frankie

Very interesting. Their process-isolation design seems interesting. I would like to try it out to see if it really increases or decreases performance. Also, I like their new Javascript virtual machine. That should increase performance on a lot of "Web 2.0" sites, like meebo.

Chrome has some developer tools, but I haven't really tried them out too much. I haven't found the browser to take less RAM than IE 8, and the Javascript doesn't seem faster than IE 8's either (I tried out meebo.com, and it was about the same speed).

One caveat I have is that there is no Favorites panel in the browser. I know they say that their Omnibox is supposed to replace that, but I have to write a whole word of a favorite because it pops up, and I find it much easier to just click a link on my Favorites panel.

Another thing is note that IE 8 has the same "process-isolation" design - it runs each tab in its own process.

What the...

They do not have a site-relevant chatroom system????

I thought they were geniuses enough to come up with something like that. ;-p

Anyway, in my norwegian version there seems to be something called "JavaScript Console" - I don't know what they call it in the English version, but it seems to have many of the futures of FireBug. I haven't checked it out much though.

Have you pit it against FF3 yet?

i think its too early to pit it against anything, its the first release of a public beta.

Well obviously I don't expect it to be perfect, but I'm curious to see what the potental is.

They haven't Linux'd it yet. :(

Heh, I'm still downloading it--snail internet right now..

Anyway, about it being a beta, it may never come out of the beta stage. I mean, gmail still says beta on it- and gmail's been out forever!

By the way, hello everybody. I haven't signed in for about 3 weeks because of school. It's a real pain in the you know where. Anyway, I'll post again in 3-6 weeks. Cheers.

Google chrome is awesome I downloaded it. My friend help make it he did a lot and like yea he's awesome. I like the feature where it sandboxes to tabs so if it closes only 1 tab is closed. It is much faster than Firefox can't wait till the regular release is out!

I'm sorry, but am I the only one annoyed by this guy?