[Answered] table name case sensitive

theshade310

hello :0
sorry to interrupt, i got my whole project working on local machine using xampp on windows
all works well... then i decided to try with a remote database and got stuck on...
table column name case sensitive...
checked some forums and all saying have to change lower_table_name .... changing smthg like that
unfortunatly this cannot be changed by a normal user
im i in front of a wall where i have to work on alllllll of my project changing and checking the case of every single query?

This comes from the linux / Windows divide. In Linux, upper and lowercase are considered different (TableName != tablename != Tablename), whereas in Windows, its practice to ignore case entirely (TableName == Tablename == tablename). Filenames and such are the same way. You built an app for a linux server using the Windows conventions from the sound of it. Tables are actually stored as files, so they follow the file system convention. The columns inside follow suit.

See this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2009005/are-column-and-table-name-case-sensitive-in-mysql

Sadly it's time to edit everything for consistency. I had to do the same with my first ever program as well. Any linux based host you use will have a similar requirement.