[Solved] upload_max_filesize for PHP 7.2 (Johnny)

pieviks

bharja.com hosted on Johnny. It uses PHP 7.2. My username is pieviks.

I've purchased a new Wordpress theme and trying to upload it for my Wordpress website

The zip file size is around 48 MB.

Whenever I try to upload the zip file, it gives an error. It's probably due to it's size (48 MB).

how can I change upload_max_filesize for PHP? it's usually stated in php.ini

I don't see any option in Cpanel to edit php.ini on Johnny server.

Please advise or change it for me.

Thanks in advance !

You can't, that file is way too big to be uploaded through the web interface. We've increased the limits upon request before, but 48mb is quite ridiculous for a form upload. I'll move this to see if Krydos can do it, but I doubt we'd make the limit that large for a variety of reasons.

My suggestion is to upload it via ftp and install it manually.

Who says WordPress is "prohibited" by HelioHost? It's just that HelioHost suggests not to use WordPress. However, these opinions are solely individual and do not represent the company's terms.

I myself used to run two WordPress sites previously on Johnny and they were quiet optimised by gzip.

And FYI the support forums are for everyone. It's not that we suggest not to use WordPress so we won't help anyone who wants help with that software. We are all learning here.

WordPress in itself as a CMS powers 33% of the public internet. Therefore it's one of the best ones when it comes to CMS (these are my personal views; I amnt encouraging anyone to use that software).

Therefore don't be biased on the forums. Stay active and help everyone.

We do heavily discourage its use. It's junk software with tons of security holes, performance issues, and plenty of infected extensions available for it...the issue is so bad that literally every other CMS out there is better. We usually recommend Joomla as a result. It's probably the second most used, and has tons of content and extensions available. Yes it can be hacked or get malware too, but it's nowhere near as prevalent as WP's issues.

WordPress is our leading cause of hacked accounts and malware, as well as unintentional spam and phishing bans, hence our position on it. Some hosts have no longer allow it for these reasons alone, or have dedicated WP Hosting offerings and servers to help mitigate the risks.

That said, it's not banned and if you're willing to deal with the possible issues and consequences that can arise from its use, more power to you. We aren't going to suspend you for installing it, but if it acts up and slows down our servers, or it gets hacked and used for illegal activity, don't expect your account to stay online.