Tommy Downtime

HelioHost

Tell me something do you have a backup of your website and is it urgent to have your website back?

I have transferred my files to another hosting service (Awardspace) until 8pm, when I will use Ricky for the server for now. Then, once the backups are ready, I will download the backup, transfer the backup to ricky, and then we will be good, for now.

To answer your question, no. I don't regularly backup my site because, 1, my hard disk space is low, and I have literally 500mb left in my storage, and 2, I don't want to keep older copies of my software. But I do have my files backed up somewhere on my hard drive.

It is urgent to have the site back, but now that I have a plan to get the site over to ricky at 8 tonight, I will be fine to wait until September.

@snowm: I released your email address from your Tommy account so you can sign up again.

If your account fails to create tonight for some reason (you'll know because the account will simply "disappear" after registering), let us know and we'll get you taken care of. :)

@snowm: I released your email address from your Tommy account so you can sign up again.

If your account fails to create tonight for some reason (you'll know because the account will simply "disappear" after registering), let us know and we'll get you taken care of. :)

Good.

Will do.

Now it's full!

Go ahead and Put me in ricky.

I just realized that the website I manage is showing me server repair in prioress and it's Tommy. I followed the link to the forum to also realized it has been a while now. Please how do I restore the website, can heliohost have it done? It needs to be online. My address is itech.heliohost.org

I can drop my username for details if that's needed. Thank you

It failed sometime late Friday night into Saturday.

There's nothing to do but wait at the moment. We've made backups and are in the process of moving the archives to Cody so they can be made available for download. Once available, an announcement will be made regarding how to download them.

Is there a chance that Tommy will be repaired? The background of the question is: I have a relatively recent backup. If Tommy is repairable, I'll wait; if only a move (for example to Ricky) makes sense, I can already import the backup now.

Is there a chance that Tommy will be repaired?

We don't have the exact time yet. We're still waiting for a new hard drive to arrived at our data center. We will hopefully install a new hard drive to get Tommy server back online. But I think you have to give some time for the rebuild process.

Edited by Luigi123

It failed sometime late Friday night into Saturday.

There's nothing to do but wait at the moment. We've made backups and are in the process of moving the archives to Cody so they can be made available for download. Once available, an announcement will be made regarding how to download them.

Backups will soon be available. After downloading that you can install your backup on a temporary account created on another server till Tommy is up again.

After Tommy's back you will be able to host your site there with absolutely no issues.

Thank you, if that's the way to go. But I thought Tommy is relatively new, what caused the issue? Hard disk? I guess the hard disk must be faulty when it came with Tommy. Either try your best heliohost, good work.

I'm sorry if this is asked before

1. When the backups are made available, should I download them and make another temporary account or should I wait for Tommy to be fixed?

2. If Tommy gets rebooted and fixed, will my site be the same and functional as it was before Tommy crashed or do I have to reconfigure the site and reupload the backups?

Thanks