Tommy Downtime

HelioHost

1. Email can be released. 

2. Yes.

3. If you're a donor, you can request a Ricky invite. Please create a new topic in customer service with the transaction ID of your most recent donation (it can be the same one you originally used for Tommy, even if it was long ago), and your Tommy username. If you have any domains on Tommy that you want to reuse on your new account, please include a list of them as well so they can be cleaned up.

Users with a free Tommy account will need to create a Ricky or Johnny account through the free signups again (when Tommy is fixed, we can move your account back there). This is because letting everyone on Tommy move to Ricky at once would simply make Ricky die from load. Ricky is not large or powerful enough to run every account that was on Tommy, and he has his own users too.

Awesome, will do it right away! Thanks!

Hey guys,

As this is not the first time this happens, I wonder..

HDDs don't suddenly die just like that (usually), they give signs for it like reading errors, spinning errors, faulty sectors (and so on).

Those data are registered internally on the disk and are readable through SMART.

Don't you have any tool to warn you about an expected drive failure?

Edited by DmC

I signed up for a new account and it did not choose Ricky, forget which one. Now I wait to do my backup. I know you say an annoucement will be made, but when can we expect to be able to download our backups? Will I need to repoint to them on godaddy?

Those data are registered internally on the disk and are readable through SMART.

The server runs ESXi free edition, which does not provide such capability (except showing a table by using a rather long sequence of shell commands). All of the storage API functions that would allow programs inside the VMs to easily pull this information are paid features. ESX is not cheap if you use any of the paid versions...$600/year for the cheapest license (vSphere Essentials I think it's called).

3. Repoint what?

Probably his name servers. If they're already set to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org, no action is necessary. If you use third party DNS services like CloudFlare, you should change the A record for your domain to 65.19.141.67 for Johnny.

I have a free account and I am willing to wait until Tommy is repaired, but the 30-day sign-in will occur before then, and I can't log in at present. Will my account be disabled when Tommy is restored?

Quick question about e-commerce (opencart) install through CP Softaculous.

Once Tommy is restored, any idea if my Opencart backup files will be usable since CP will be upgraded to newest version?

Edited by skullys