Tommy Downtime

HelioHost

Thank you, if that's the way to go. But I thought Tommy is relatively new, what caused the issue? Hard disk? I guess the hard disk must be faulty when it came with Tommy. Either try your best heliohost, good work.

Tommy is a virtual server on the physical server Eddie. When referring to Tommy's harddisk it basically means one of the hard disk of Eddie.

Nothing can be determined as of now but yeah, I too wish HelioHost best of luck in their endeavor.

• Like 1

I'm sorry if this is asked before

1. When the backups are made available, should I download them and make another temporary account or should I wait for Tommy to be fixed?

2. If Tommy gets rebooted and fixed, will my site be the same and functional as it was before Tommy crashed or do I have to reconfigure the site and reupload the backups?

Thanks

1. Yes you can make a temporary account on Johnny or Ricky and get your site hosted.

2. Your account will function normally in case you wait. (In case you would like your domain to be detached from Tommy for the time being, when Tommy's back you'll need to upload the backups once more).

• Like 1

Yeah, hard disk. The server was used when we bought it, and to our knowledge the failed disk is original (it came with the server). That would make the disk 8 years old and well past the end of its useful life.

If we had the money, I would suggest we fully re-disk the server since the others are just as old, but considering we lose money month after month, it's not in our interest to replace disks that still work, regardless of their age.

• Like 1

It failed sometime late Friday night into Saturday.

There's nothing to do but wait at the moment. We've made backups and are in the process of moving the archives to Cody so they can be made available for download. Once available, an announcement will be made regarding how to download them.

You may be getting more individual requests than necessary just because https://www.heliohost.org/backup/ is referred to right after login but can't be found for now, but (necessarily then) just shows:

No Backup

I cannot find a backup for milano and h...com. You could try again, or open a ticket to see if an admin can help you find your backup.

Try Again  or   Support

That's because the backups aren't available yet. One they are, an announcement will be made in the 'News' subforum and then you'll be able to download your backup.

Now we know why!

Also, trying to get the wcats.tk domain to my ricky server, but it is saying this message.

Ahoy! You're seeing this page because the server responsible for hosting this website is currently out for repair.

Seems to be the tommy server is still pointing the wcats.tk address. Can somebody please point the wcats.tk domain over to the panther1 account?

Im on waiting mode with finger cross for tommy to up again.

in meanwhile, may I open another account in johny, I try to open another account with my other email only to be told to wait again at compare section.

How can I pass this??, please help

When i go on my personnal free website i see an other page showing that it is under current maintenance.

I see some "hard drive image".

I have a suggestion (if you want), you could replace the "hard drive image" with this one at:

http://www.nospagesweb.com/sitesweb/sylvain/portfolio/images/under_construction.gif

It's a very old site that i have made many years ago, that have my image "under_construction.gif" that is funny and make peoples simle.

As said it is only a suggestion.

A+

That's because the backups aren't available yet. One they are, an announcement will be made in the 'News' subforum and then you'll be able to download your backup.

Now we know why!

Also, trying to get the wcats.tk domain to my ricky server, but it is saying this message.

Ahoy! You're seeing this page because the server responsible for hosting this website is currently out for repair.[/size]

Seems to be the tommy server is still pointing the wcats.tk address. Can somebody please point the wcats.tk domain over to the panther1 account?

I'll take care of this later this morning when I'm at a pc.

Now we know why!

Ahoy! You're seeing this page because the server responsible for hosting this website is currently out for repair.[/size]

I'll take care of this later this morning when I'm at a pc.

I got it now. Thanks for fixing it.

Now, with the ssl. It is saying Not secure with a red triangle. How can this be fixed? I am using letsencrypt for the SSL.

This server could not prove that it is www.wcats.tk (the domain I want SSL on); its security certificate is from panther1.heliohost.org (my heliohost subdomain) This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Obviously, I am running Google Chrome

Edited by snowm