Tommy Downtime

HelioHost

You need to give sometime for the SSL certificate to update. It can take up 12 hours.

Also you don't need to manually install SSL certificate on your domain. AutoSSL on Ricky will take care of that.

But how do you do that? My domain is set to panther1.heliohost.org. I want it set to wcats.tk.

AutoSSL seems to not work with wcats.tk, it only works on panther1.heliohost.org, my primary domain. Can you set wcats.tk as the primary domain?

You needn't do that. AutoSSL takes time to assign a certificate after your domain has been added. It occurs automatically with the next Apache restart on your server.

However by installing another SSL certificate you've probably broken AutoSSL and that's the reason. Go ahead and remove the certificate you've installed and then an admin can manually run AutoSSL on your domain for the thing to be fixed.

That's...odd. AutoSSL refuses to acknowledge the extra domain and won't even attempt to get a cert for it.

I'll just make it your primary domain and see if it works.

It still shows panther1.heliohost.org.

I will uninstall the Letsencrypt ones and will try to see if that works.

That's...odd. AutoSSL refuses to acknowledge the extra domain and won't even attempt to get a cert for it.

I'll just make it your primary domain and see if it works.

It still shows panther1.heliohost.org.

I will uninstall the Letsencrypt ones and will try to see if that works.

Still doesn't work

...and that explains a lot right there. LE doesn't play nice on servers that have AutoSSL, and are completely unnecessary anyway. Installing LE certs will prevent AutoSSL from attempting to get one for you. It makes the assumption that you don't want it to do anything if something from elsewhere was manually installed.

Just let AutoSSL do its job. It should work within a few hours when Apache restarts  :)

1:13:30 PM This system has AutoSSL set to use “cPanel (powered by Comodo)”.
 1:13:30 PM Checking websites for “panther1” …
 1:13:30 PM The website “wcats.tk”, owned by “panther1”, has no SSL certificate. AutoSSL will attempt to obtain a new certificate and install it.
 1:13:44 PM The system will attempt to renew SSL certificates for the following websites:
 1:13:44 PM wcats.tk (wcats.tk www.wcats.tk mail.wcats.tk webmail.wcats.tk cpanel.wcats.tk webdisk.wcats.tk)
 1:14:16 PM The system has completed the AutoSSL check for “panther1”.

Yeah wolstech that's what I was saying.... Anything other than the DV issued by AutoSSL causes it to break and assume that the user no longer wants the DV. I have previously tried that on my server. Same results.

I have some questions regarding the transition from Tommy to Ricky, could you please help clarifying them?

1. Do I need to create a new e-mail address in order to sign up for a new account on Ricky or is it possible to release my e-mail from Tommy?

2. If the e-mail address can be released, will I still be able to retrieve my backup on https://www.heliohost.org/backup/?

3. From what I've seen, Ricky is full and, thus, is closed for new accounts. Do users with existing accounts on Tommy have any priority on the creation of new accounts or do we have to try signing up at 8pm like any new users?

Thanks for your help, hope everything comes back to normal soon!

...and that explains a lot right there. LE doesn't play nice on servers that have AutoSSL, and are completely unnecessary anyway. Installing LE certs will prevent AutoSSL from attempting to get one for you. It makes the assumption that you don't want it to do anything if something from elsewhere was manually installed.

Just let AutoSSL do its job. It should work within a few hours when Apache restarts  :)

1:13:30 PM This system has AutoSSL set to use “cPanel (powered by Comodo)”.
 1:13:30 PM Checking websites for “panther1” …
 1:13:30 PM The website “wcats.tk”, owned by “panther1”, has no SSL certificate. AutoSSL will attempt to obtain a new certificate and install it.
 1:13:44 PM The system will attempt to renew SSL certificates for the following websites:
 1:13:44 PM wcats.tk (wcats.tk www.wcats.tk mail.wcats.tk webmail.wcats.tk cpanel.wcats.tk webdisk.wcats.tk)
 1:14:16 PM The system has completed the AutoSSL check for “panther1”.

Ok thank you!

I have some questions regarding the transition from Tommy to Ricky, could you please help clarifying them?

1. Do I need to create a new e-mail address in order to sign up for a new account on Ricky or is it possible to release my e-mail from Tommy?

2. If the e-mail address can be released, will I still be able to retrieve my backup on https://www.heliohost.org/backup/?

3. From what I've seen, Ricky is full and, thus, is closed for new accounts. Do users with existing accounts on Tommy have any priority on the creation of new accounts or do we have to try signing up at 8pm like any new users?

Thanks for your help, hope everything comes back to normal soon!

Probably the email can be released coz the username and the email will be stored in a separate database though which you'll be retrieving your backup. (Anyways Tommy will be formatted)

As far as account sign up is concerned if you're a donor you can receive an invite for Ricky.

1. Email can be released. 

2. Yes.

3. If you're a donor, you can request a Ricky invite. Please create a new topic in customer service with the transaction ID of your most recent donation (it can be the same one you originally used for Tommy, even if it was long ago), and your Tommy username. If you have any domains on Tommy that you want to reuse on your new account, please include a list of them as well so they can be cleaned up.

Users with a free Tommy account will need to create a Ricky or Johnny account through the free signups again (when Tommy is fixed, we can move your account back there). This is because letting everyone on Tommy move to Ricky at once would simply make Ricky die from load. Ricky is not large or powerful enough to run every account that was on Tommy, and he has his own users too.