Is the system down or account in suspense?

chanders

Guest pooks

Thank you. Any idea on the expected time to complete?. Thanks.

For the most part, no ETA. When it comes back up, it comes back up.

That is, unless Krydos or another Root Admin specifies.

• Like 1

Thank you. Any idea on the expected time to complete?. Thanks.

We don’t have exact time when it’s going to be done. I highly recommended that you keep watching in the “News” category on the forum of the next update.

It's the same thing for my self i am also on Tommy. So i think that peoples on Tommy cant login. I hope that i will not loose my address http:sylvain.heliohost.org for the peoples that goes on my free personnal website? I'm pretty sure that i have bring peoples on Heliohost.org, even peoples that might have bring some donations to Heliohost.org

I think there is many things to check on the server Tommy, i am not a technician and my knowledges are very limited; but i believe in them they are great peoples and it's many years i am with them.

Once again thank's for all your effort that you guys put into. I know that it might be not important for your self that i give my thank's and appreciations. Still for my self it is important to say....

Thank's to all.

A+

Once the server is fixed, you'll either get your existing account back (if we get tommy running again), or if not, you'll likely be able to download your data. After that, you'll create a new account with the same domain as before on Tommy's replacement so you don't lose your visitors :)

Many thanks to you -- I believe, you guys provide a wonderful service. And when a system unexpected crashes, it is certainly not pleasant for many.

Just a suggestion: I was wondering if it's not possible to redirect, at least all the simple websites (that are at the crashed system) to another server with a simple 'crash message', so that all are informed without having to discover the system crash. I realize that this may not satisfy many people (due to the numerous varied ways people develop their system), it however might be a better public relations approach.

Thanks!

Hmm... Try to understand that your account is still on Tommy. Unless data recovery is done, nothing can happen. You may be given an alternate account on Johnny or Ricky if situations take turns for the worse, but that can happen only after your account is backed up.

Also try to get this - the server itself is down so where do you place the crashed message?

@sohamb03: I just changed the A records on my domain’s zone to lily and tossed a crash message there regarding the stuff I provide. http://raxsoft.com

In theory this could be done en masse for everyone by just assigning tommy’s IP to lily and replacing the queued page with a generic crash message.

@sohamb03: I just changed the A records on my domain’s zone to lily and tossed a crash message there regarding the stuff I provide. http://raxsoft.com

In theory this could be done en masse for everyone by just assigning tommy’s IP to lily and replacing the queued page with a generic crash message.

Yeah it will for sure....but it would take extra effort which can be avoided if Tommy can be somehow fixed.