Sparkie Purchased

HelioHost

Between the money we've raised on the gofundme page https://www.gofundme.com/sparkie-server and the money that has been donated to us directly through paypal since our fundraiser started in April we've now raised roughly 85% of the money we were asking for. Since we're so close, and since Tommy crashed we figured it's time to buy a new server even though we didn't quite make it to the full goal. You all did an amazing job of donating and we think you deserve a new server as a thank you for your efforts. Sparkie has been purchased and will be shipped to our datacenter next week.

• Like 1

Whoa! That's a ton of good news.

You guys do such an amazing job that you deserve an expansion of your services.

I have been associated with HelioHost for the last 2.5 years. My profile shows that I joined this February, but that's the time I changed my username. Of course I started being active on the forum early this year coz I felt a social responsibility.

Initially I honestly knew nothing about web designing. I just knew I needed to have a domain and hosting. From various YouTube tutorials I learned of Freenom. I got my first domain and had it hosted on Byethost. Subsequently I quit Byethost and it's resellers when I became aware of things like SSL certificates and DNS records.

Many companies claimed to offer free hosting like FreeHosting.com, GoogieHost, 5gbfree, Qualispace but all of them had one or the other restriction.

I have always been financially weak due to which I could never and still can't afford paid hosting. It was then that I came across HelioHost that too by chance. I thought I would again encounter the same restrictions. But I was amazed after creating an account on Johnny. Everything was without restriction. All the services were available. It was truly a big time in my life.

One month I managed to save $5. Coincidentally the Lily fundraiser was going on at that time. So I donated that amount. Sorry but I could not donate for Sparkie. I'd thought I would but I couldn't.

In today's world people have become so selfish that no one offers a morsel of food, HelioHost offers us the whole lunch for free.

Thanks to HelioHost, today I have mastered concepts on web designing. I have also acquired a free VPS thanks to GitHub Education Programme. I have become, if not proficient, still very good at the Linux command line. It all started with HelioHost.

I can't do anything but remain grateful to y'all for your wonderful service. I take this opportunity to say a big THANK YOU to y'all. That's for all the excellent services you offer. Thanks for the amazing support. Thanks for your coordination in all our problems. Thanks for your day and night availability. Thanks for everything!

So now this means that Tommy is gone for good?

Well, I have a website that is critical for my program. If this means I have to pay MORE money for this change to the server, I will go somewhere else to use this service. And my program is not working due to this error.

Does this also mean that we have to set up new accounts?

This is VERY confusing, as I have to get this program released next Sunday, and it doesn't look like it is going to be up by that time.

End rant.

Who says Tommy is gone? Tommy is a virtual server on Eddie. HelioHost admins have a scheduled data center visit next month wherein they shall be replacing the faulty hard drive. If nothing can be sorted out now, you will receive backups of your Tommy account which you can restore by creating another account on Ricky for the time being.

Getting Sparkie just means getting a new server... Doesn't mean Tommy is gone.

And one more thing. HelioAdmins are but volunteers who have their personal life. Still Krydos is dedicating most of his time trying his best to fix Tommy or at least keep all the data secure. So please don't be rude enough to talk like that.

Who says Tommy is gone? Tommy is a virtual server on Eddie. HelioHost admins have a scheduled data center visit next month wherein they shall be replacing the faulty hard drive. If nothing can be sorted out now, you will receive backups of your Tommy account which you can restore by creating another account on Ricky for the time being.

Getting Sparkie just means getting a new server... Doesn't mean Tommy is gone.

And one more thing. HelioAdmins are but volunteers who have their personal life. Still Krydos is dedicating most of his time trying his best to fix Tommy or at least keep all the data secure. So please don't be rude enough to talk like that.

My bad, sorry. Just woke up.

So, that means we can use ricky for the timebeing without losing any data?

Good, so that means for right now, I can use my snowm account temporarily until this website is up.

How do you backup an account that is not up?

Backups will be made available once Krydos is done with all accounts on Tommy, provided Tommy doesn't boot up which will solve the entire problem.

This is one reason why users are encouraged to take frequent backups. If you'd done that, you could create a temporary account right away and start working.

Backups will be made available once Krydos is done with all accounts on Tommy, provided Tommy doesn't boot up which will solve the entire problem.

This is one reason why users are encouraged to take frequent backups. If you'd done that, you could create a temporary account right away and start working.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Snowm, i like these guys very much!

It's been 9 years i'm with them, so i can say i have notice the progress and efforts they have made trough the years.

I can say somehow that me too i do some volonteer as many that administrate Heliohost. Not doing some volonteer as an administrator, but my free personnal website; have free things for peoples; and i give my free time to them without having some money from it.

Admins have helped me with my free search engine, contact form and many things. Trough time i have found free things for peoples and make them known for peoples that have gone on my free personnal website. Put some links and put some friends links and many more.

I do like them very much you know.

Have a nice day.

A+