[Solved] PHP inheritance & .htaccess

ArminC

• 2 weeks later...

A few things to note:

1) The connection via host (as in FTP Accounts):

ftp.website.domain -> EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known

website.domain -> ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out

but: ricky.heliohost.org (or the linked ip) seems to work just fine.

2) It says "The PHP Gettext extension is missing on your server."

3) Also, I failed upon installation of the Firewall. I need to know if the auto_prepend_file directive is allowed (if so, to search for another faulty thing that lead to the fail). I asked in the other topic about this but I think that it should be allowed by the admin?

Thanks!

3) Also, I failed upon installation of the Firewall. I need to know if the auto_prepend_file directive is allowed (if so, to search for another faulty thing that lead to the fail). I asked in the other topic about this but I think that it should be allowed by the admin?

That's not going to work because that firewall requires access to modify the php.ini which isn't allowed on a free shared hosting account. You could install this firewall on a vps though https://www.heliohost.org/vps/ where you would have free reign to modify the php.ini as much as you wanted.

1) The connection via host (as in FTP Accounts):

ftp.website.domain -> EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known

website.domain -> ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out

but: ricky.heliohost.org (or the linked ip) seems to work just fine.

The recommended SFTP settings are listed at the top of the page when you click the FTP button in cpanel.

SFTP Settings

SFTP host: ricky.heliohost.org

SFTP port: 1312

SFTP protocol: SFTP

SFTP logon type: Normal

SFTP Username: armync

SFTP password: <same as cpanel>