Tommy's Status

mrj

FYI Krydos is presently backing up all the accounts on Tommy. One it's done, an attempt will be made to boot Tommy. If he responds well and good. Otherwise a backup of your account will be made available which you will be able to host on a temporary account on another server.

The admins have a scheduled data center visit later this month during which the hard disk of Tommy shall be replaced and we'll have him back again. After that your site will be hosted normally without any issues.

@flazepe: Didn't know you've already posted... Coz I was typing then.

The backups will be available regardless of whether Tommy boots. I still don't know if we're going to even try, though it would make sense to do so.

Either way, Tommy is overdue for rebuild anyways simply due to age. If we get it running, I wouldn't be surprised if we just archive all the accounts into cpmove packages and evacuate the server...cpmove files are identical to the "full backup" you get from cPanel and are nice because we can just restore it on any server (whether it be a rebuilt Tommy, or Ricky/Johnny/etc.) and the entire account restores to exactly how it was when it was packed up with no effort or manual data restore needed.