[Solved] Request to install python packages on Ricky (after Tommy's failure)

victorar

Hi there,

I know you have a lot on your plate to get Tommy working again, but would it be possible to install some python 3.6 packages on Ricky? I used my account on Tommy to run a small Flask server that would need the following packages:

flask
sqlalchemy
flask-sqlalchemy
flask-restful

Thanks!

Edited by victorar

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you mention flask and you mention python 3.6 and you mention Ricky. These three things do not go together. You can do python 3.6 cgi on Ricky, but if you want to do flask or django you have to use python 2.7. Johnny has flask on python 3.6 though. I can move your account there if you'd like. Also, thanks for being so patient with us. We've all been very busy after this crash.

Ok, you mention flask and you mention python 3.6 and you mention Ricky. These three things do not go together. You can do python 3.6 cgi on Ricky, but if you want to do flask or django you have to use python 2.7. Johnny has flask on python 3.6 though. I can move your account there if you'd like.

Oh, I had no idea you couldn't install flask on Ricky. I guess there would be no issues for me to use Johnny instead of Ricky or Tommy, as long as It would be possible to have the packages I listed (and also pandas and requests, which I didn't list because Ricky already had them installed). If so, can you, please, arrange the transfer?

Also, do you plan on allowing previous users of Tommy to return their accounts to it once everything has been fixed? I only ask because, according to Heliohost Wiki, Tommy has better uptime stats than Johnny.

Also, thanks for being so patient with us. We've all been very busy after this crash.

It's ok! I can't thank you enough for the quality of the service you provide.

Also, do you plan on allowing previous users of Tommy to return their accounts to it once everything has been fixed? I only ask because, according to Heliohost Wiki, Tommy has better uptime stats than Johnny

Yes. We'll send people invitation link or they could ask for a server move if they already made a new account.