Backups Available

HelioHost

Yeah, the backup functions in cPanel for sql won’t accept gzip files for restore. You have to unpack them and upload the sql file inside.

We packed them to save space on our servers and make the download smaller.

Now, the MySQL backups. It is stuck on Waiting for ricky.heliohost.org when uploading the SQL. Has been there for 4+ hours.

Refresh and try again
No files uploaded.

this message pops up when refreshing.

Sounds like gonna have fun when I start the upload process.

I would just keep trying to upload the file.

By the way, how big is your file?

I got it now. Had to upload the SQL, NOT THE gzip folder! Grr!

That was gonna be my next question. Lmao.

Thanks for your work! I made a Johnny account for temporary hosting with different email/username/primary domain. Putting my domain names back in as addon, I get:

(XID uf7btv) A DNS entry for “xxxxxxxxx.com” already exists. You must remove this DNS entry from all servers in the DNS cluster to proceed.

Since I can't remove DNS entries from Tommy, how to proceed? Using heliohost nameservers.

(Kinda curious why a wipe is necessary, and if the Tommy account and cpanel will remain?  1. if the drive dropped out of a RAID controller, it may just be a happenstance timing issue, TLER timeout, related to heavy load while reallocating sectors or such, but something that won't happen again. 2. No RAID and no redundancy for a rebuild? Drive (or vmdk) can be sector-by-sector imaged (dd) to the new drive if you have personnel to do that or an extra drive bay, and added back in to the VMWare machine if it was used exclusively...)

Edited by flexo

(Kinda curious why a wipe is necessary, and if the Tommy account and cpanel will remain? 1. if the drive dropped out of a RAID controller, it may just be a happenstance timing issue, TLER timeout, related to heavy load while reallocating sectors or such, but something that won't happen again. 2. No RAID and no redundancy for a rebuild? Drive (or vmdk) can be sector-by-sector imaged (dd) to the new drive if you have personnel to do that or an extra drive bay, and added back in to the VMWare machine if it was used exclusively...)

The reason why Tommy Server is down because the hard drive got a problem. Our Root Admins bought a new hard drive and it’s shipping to our Data Center and they are going to visit the Data Center this month in 2019 to replace the hard drive to get Tommy Server back online. After that, they are going to rebuild everything and PLUS the great news is we are getting a new cPanel version! Which it’s great!

Edited by Luigi123

That DNS entry has to be removed manually by a root admin for you.

Then: a formal request to remove all FQDNs for account "flexo" on Tommy from DNS nameservers, so they can be re-created.

I can communicate individual domains by PM (or email) if they aren't readily available for lookup by account.

I expect that many will have the same request...

Edited by flexo

Please create a topic in customer service listing all of the domains to be cleaned up and a root admin will take care of this for you. With the server not running, it's not possible for me to look up domains by account.

Also, as a reminder, we do not provide support by PM.