Backups Available

HelioHost

1. Tommy is not available for sign ups yet.

2. Your forum username needs to be renamed temporarily so that it doesn't conflict with the system.

3. Your main domain needs to be cleaned up first in order for you to use it upon signing up.

Please post your main domain here in order for a root admin to clean it from our system.

Question 4: I would suggest you to PM a personal mail account(ie, Gmail or something like that) to Luigi123 wherein he'll send you your backup.

Backups can only be emailed to the registered email address that you last had on your Tommy account. We will not be sending backups to any random email address that people request because anyone could come along and pretend to be a user to gain access to your private files. If you don't have access to the email address that you had registered on your Tommy account you will not be able to receive a backup and you'll have to use whatever the latest backup you had downloaded yourself prior to the crash. If your registered email address was an email that was hosted on Tommy you will need to transfer that email address to Ricky, Johnny, or another host before you will be able to receive the email with the download link.

I don't get your logic but. If the user himself PMs from his own account, how can it even stand the likelihood of another person pretending to be the user.

Forum accounts and hosting accounts are separate. We didn't used to create both at the same time. We didn't used to require that the username be free on both the forums and the hosting servers. It's possible someone has a forum account with a username that matches a hosting account, but they're not the same person. Lots of people have different email addresses on their hosting accounts versus their forum accounts. Some people create their hosting account and then request that we delete their forum account which would give someone the opportunity to recreate that forum account and pretend to be them to get the backup. It's easier to bruteforce the password on the forum account than it is on the hosting account so someone could theoretically gain access to the forum account, and then try to get the backup.

Hello,

I've gotten my Tommy backup and am happy to wait for it to go back up rather than duplicating the site. I make a note to sign in and make a minor update to the site weekly, as my account has lapsed in the past due to inactivity and I hate having to bother you to reinstate it. I haven't signed in Since August 8th - is there any chance that the accounts will be released due to inactivity during this downtime or will you be temporarily suspending the purge?

Apologies if this question is duplicated in other threads. Many thanks for the wonderful service that you provide us!

Kurt

• 3 weeks later...