Backups Available

HelioHost

@Luigi: Please don’t post email addresses publicly. It attracts spam and may upset users, especially if they would rather keep it private.

Also, do not ask for a different email address. If the address on file is no longer valid, the user simply can’t get their data and will have to start over for security reasons. Users are expected to keep a valid address on file and to update it when it changes.

Dear SysAd,

I try to access backup of my tommy's data (user: micou, site : iph.heliohost.org)

without success (no backup under that username/email combo) ... I trying the email I register with and others too !

is there a way to check or have a "micou" account recreated empty on tommy  and then have access to a tarball from there ?

Thanks

+Micou

Dear SysAd,

I try to access backup of my tommy's data (user: micou, site : iph.heliohost.org)

without success (no backup under that username/email combo) ... I trying the email I register with and others too !

is there a way to check or have a "micou" account recreated empty on tommy and then have access to a tarball from there ?

Thanks

+Micou

Your backup files has being sent to your current email address associated with your Tommy account.

Thanks Luigi for your answer,

hopefully it is *@sniptext.com nor a mailbox that was managed by "tommy", I would be stuck this way !

(the other issue I see with the pulling of a backup is transfer back and forth form California to Euro and back to Tommy is would be a pain with me slow line ! )

what is the "restore" process ?
do we have access to tommy the "old" way ... i.e. doesn't the account are recreated on tommy, or we have to do it ?

" I cannot find a backup for micou and m*u@sniptext.com. You could try again, or open a ticket to see if an admin can help you find your backup. "

Dear SysAd,

is there a way to check or have a "micou" account recreated empty on tommy and then have access to a tarball from there ?

Thanks
+Micou

Your backup files has being sent to your current email address associated with your Tommy account.

Edited by micou

1. Your backup files has being sent to m***u@gc-bank.tk.

2. You can restored your home directories using the “Backup Wizard”. This includes databases too. Once you restored both of them into your account, you will need to create database users and assign it to your other databases. So go to “MySQL” tab then scroll until you see “created users”. Then, name your old current database users that you have before and same password too. After you created that you will need to assign it to your other databases, go back to “MySQL” tab, scroll down until you see “add users to database” and that’s it!

Note that your backup databases in your zip folder, will be named something like username_database.sql

3. If you have a temporary account on Ricky, you can make a request in the “Customer Service” category with your old Tommy username. Then, our Root Admin will verify it and move your account back to Tommy.

• Like 1

First I want to thank you all for the fantastic work you are doing with the recovery of Tommy

about your point 2 : "2. You can restored your home directories using the “Backup Wizard”."
Question 1: is this under a tommy cpanel session (https://tommy.heliohost.org:2096/) ? I get a "login is invalid"

Question 2: does it means the tommy's accounts have been recreated, with the same credentials and are now simple accounts with default folders, and I can login on tommy with my regular username and password ?

gc-bank.tk was a domain routing to tommy.heliohost.org (did I cut the branch I was on?) I am not sure I can read the email via https://tommy.heliohost.org:2096/

Question 3: is the account "micou" (http://iph.heliohost.org) has simply been disabled on tommy ? can you reactivate it ?

That account has been backed up and then taken offline due to inactivity. HelioHost has a limited capacity for active accounts, but we are very popular. So in order to make room for new active users we occasionally have to take down old abandoned accounts. We recommend downloading your backup, and then creating a new account. If you need help with anything please don't hesitate to contact support.

```

I just changed the DNS from the registrar to point to a temporary MX  and  I am waiting for the DNS to propagates
Question 4: is the the right thing to do in order to revover my account / data ?

Question 1: That's because Tommy has been formatted and your account doesn't exist there.

Question 2: Tommy's accounts haven't been recreated. After he's back a public announcement will be made following which , you'll have to recreate your account manually.

Question 3: As mentioned above you'll need to recreate your account when Tommy's back.

Question 4: I would suggest you to PM a personal mail account(ie, Gmail or something like that) to Luigi123 wherein he'll send you your backup.

• Like 1

Question 4: I would suggest you to PM a personal mail account(ie, Gmail or something like that) to Luigi123 wherein he'll send you your backup.

Backups can only be emailed to the registered email address that you last had on your Tommy account. We will not be sending backups to any random email address that people request because anyone could come along and pretend to be a user to gain access to your private files. If you don't have access to the email address that you had registered on your Tommy account you will not be able to receive a backup and you'll have to use whatever the latest backup you had downloaded yourself prior to the crash. If your registered email address was an email that was hosted on Tommy you will need to transfer that email address to Ricky, Johnny, or another host before you will be able to receive the email with the download link.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do or where to go from this point. When Tommy went down, I decided to wait to hopefully get back in to the Tommy server and remake my site with my backups. I've obtained the backups since then, and while I don't know that Tommy is letting people sign up just yet, I did try to sign up again (just to kind of see) and I noticed my username and site URL are still in use, or whatever, and I can't recreate anything with those same names, like I'd like to do.

Is there something I have to do to get those removed so I can recreate them? I assume I can't access them anymore since they went with the Tommy server, right?