Maintenance Complete

HelioHost

For those of us that never left Tommy... I understand that the original accounts no longer exist but when we re-apply for a new account, will we be able to use what was our original ID & email to create the new account or do both need to be completely new?

Edited by skullys

Simple Actually...

If you were on Tommy:

Maintenance = Hard Drive Replacement (finished)

OS/Software Install and Testing = Work Currently Being Done By Administrators

Upon Completion of Testing = Notification Announcement & Re-Activate Account / Upload Backup

Couldn't have said it better myself. The only difference is that the final step will likely involve signing up again or requesting a transfer (if you have a Ricky or Johnny account). There's no re-activating accounts because the accounts don't exist.

He's seeing the effects of step 2 right now (OS/Software Install and Testing), and can just ignore what his domain shows until the work is complete. If he prefers I can remove the DNS records to get rid of the Index of / page for him. He will not be able to actually sign in until we announce the repairs are complete, he re-signs up, and the account creates.

no need to remove the DNS record i understand now.

So when we reach step 3 the only thing we have to do is sign in and the account will recreate it self or do we have to sing up? Beacuse i don't want to stay up to 1 AM, i'm from Portugal and when the registration open it is late here.

When more question: Will the sparkie server be better than or equal tommy or will be an experimental server like johnny?

Thanks, Rúben.

1. No. It will not recreated the account for you when you sign in. If you were from Tommy server before and during the crash you create your Ricky account for temporary, we can move your account back to Tommy when he’s back online. Just make sure you still remember your old Tommy username when you’re going to create a topic in “Customer Service” category.

2. Sparkie might be the same as Tommy.

@neptunus: First of all there's no multiple opinion about a single topic from the admins and moderators... It's just the way you comprehend it.

Secondly everything that's done is mentioned quite in advance. Moreover, what's to be done was mentioned quite clearly in a post called 'Questions and Answers' in the news section.

Who says you aren't able to login into cPanel? Johnny and Ricky were completely unaffected by the maintenance downtime. If you can understand simple English, then you'd decipher that Tommy is currently down and is expected to be back by September.

Lastly, my two cents to be added. The administrators and moderators are all volunteers here, working hard to keep HelioHost going. Thank God, people like you aren't at any position, otherwise.... I've nothing to say about it. If you are so unhappy with the service provided, just quit HelioHost, no one's begging you to be around here.

Thank you very much for your polite attitude and your very meaningful response.

For those of us that never left Tommy... I understand that the original accounts no longer exist but when we re-apply for a new account, will we be able to use what was our original ID & email to create the new account or do both need to be completely new?

If you temporary create a Ricky account with different username, email custom/Heliohost domain, then we will have to move that over to Tommy Server. Unless, you want to create a new account the same as original on Tommy Server, make a whole backup from Ricky account and move it to your Tommy Account.

Luigi123,

I didn't move or create any other temporary accounts... just wanted to know once the upgraded/repaired Tommy starts accepting new sign ups that I could use my original Tommy ID and email address to create the new account...

Thanks

Tommy Server is currently in process rebuilding it. It will be done in September. If you don’t want to wait in line, you could make a donation at heliohost.org/donate of minimum $1.00. Then after that, just paste your transaction ID in a new topic of the “Customer Service” category to verify and our Root Admin will send an invitation to your email in no time! :)

Or, if you have an old account with Tommy before and you currently have a temporary account on Ricky, just make a request in the “Customer Service” category with your old Tommy username and we will move you back to Tommy.

@neptunus: You're most welcome! ;-)

Thank you. I do not hurry but I want to know what's going on and when everything is ok. I can wait but the information is important.
For example, I have not understand, are the old accounts deleted and everyone must re register or how it should be done. On one day is the train gone and then may be too late to know...
I don't hurry because I see there are also problems with the other server. Why burden it even more.
I'll wait, maybe won't die before it starts working again. And if should die, then all is well. No more problems.

Good luck to everyone.

About re-creating hosting accounts with the same usernames as before...

I don't know now, but in the past registration system didn't allow to use specific username (for hosting/cPanel account) if there was already a HelioNet forum account with that name. And because the forum account is created automatically for every new hosting account, then for most of the (deleted?) Tommy's accounts there will be problem with re-creating them with the same username as before.

Solution in the past was to ask the staff to either rename (at least temporarily for the time of registering hosting account) or delete (if not in use) the forum account. Other solution may be to modify registration process, so it won't check the HelioNet if corresponding forum account already exist (unless it's already disabled).

And the other thing, note for the future.

When the maitenance was announced, people asked which servers will be affected. Answer was that Johnny and Ricky won't be. However I think you forget, that during that maintenance both nameservers were offline, so even domains hosted on Johnny and Ricky were affected by that.

Just to remember about this in the future if/when there will be similar situations.

It's the same as always. They have to be renamed if you want the same username as before.

I agree that the system should be modified so forum accounts do not conflict with the hosting accounts.

Instead of auto creating forum accounts (and subsequently refusing hosting accounts due to occupied forum accounts), I think it'd be better if the user was asked about the forum account after their hosting is created, and give an option: "Use the same name for my forum account" (shown only if it's not taken), "Use this name for my forum account: <text field>", or "I don't want to create a forum account right now".