[Solved] [DNS] Unable to access web domain (NS1 missing most DNS zones)

phantom666

Username: demon666
Domain: phantomtest.heliohost.org
Server: ricky

Hi All,

I tried to access web pages on my domain today but was presented with an error message from my ISP stating "website cannot be found".  I found my usual FTP connection didn't seem to be working, I tried to create a new connection but this didn't seem to work either.  And I also found I was unable to access my email account.  

However, logging in to my account and accessing the cpanel from the main heliohost.org page appears to work as expected, from here I am able to access File Manager and Webmail.  So the issue seems to be related to being unable to access anything which contains my domain name.

Is anyone able to assist?  Thanks in advance.

D

It looks that your domain name is another one (after "ricky.heliohost.org") missing on HelioHost nameserver NS1 (it returns "NXDOMAIN" when asked), while still noted correctly on NS2. That's mean that randomly in ~50% of cases you (or anyone) won't access your website, and in another ~50% of cases everything will looks fine.

We have figured it out already few hours before in the topic mentioned by BlueyEmperor:

https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/36708-cant-access-server-and-transfer-files-via-ftp/?do=findComment&comment=162711

I wrote there that probably there is more such missing domains than just "ricky.heliohost.org" and I was right.

Admin intervention is required, DNS entries on NS1 have to be fixed.

Hi,

I'm not sure if everything is now working properly, but at least I am now able to access my web pages; my FTP connection works as before; I am able to log in to my cpanel from my web domain, as well as accessing my email account.

A big thank you to everyone who has provided assistance.

Cheers,

D

No, it's not working properly.

The DNS entry for your domain name is still missing on nameserver NS1, while it's correct on NS2. So still, you - and everyone - will randomly in ~50% of cases access your domain name and in ~50% of cases will not.

Hi All,

It would appear that I spoke too soon in my earlier update.  Further to the latest update from wolstech, I carried out my earlier checks and I encountered the same errors for which this call was originally raised.

A huge thanks in advance to anyone who can help resolve this issue.

Cheers,

D