[Solved] Requesting invite for Ricky

Nimb

I'm trying to point a new domain from GoDaddy to Helio NS servers and am getting "ns2.heliohost.org, Query refused" as an error. Is it because my new account wasn't created yet? The new domain I'd be using is kindred.com.br

Try again now. It wasn't resolving sometime back. Now it is. Too much problems with the nameservers today, no idea why!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to point a new domain from GoDaddy to Helio NS servers and am getting "ns2.heliohost.org, Query refused" as an error. Is it because my new account wasn't created yet? The new domain I'd be using is kindred.com.br

Try again now. It wasn't resolving sometime back. Now it is. Too much problems with the nameservers today, no idea why!

Still doesn't work, I think it is maybe because my account isn't setup yet so heliohost doesn't have any records for the domain.

NS2 is the only one working to capacity at the moment.

NS1 is on tommy. It should have been working as of yesterday, but I've come across several zones now that are still missing from NS1...

So what should I set it up as on GoDaddy? Or does it mean that until ns1 comes back online I can't point my domain to heliohost webservers?

Whether I use ns2 as primary or secondary, the error is still the same. Query refused by ns1 (from what I could find on the internet, likely because ns1 doesn't have any records for that domain, so it refuses the query from GoDaddy - Idunno if that's it or not, that's just what I found online).

Also, can you please clean cesarmanara.com from Tommy? I am getting: "(XID evyuus) A DNS entry for “cesarmanara.com” already exists. You must remove this DNS entry from all servers in the DNS cluster to proceed." when trying to add it as addon domain."

Edited by Nimb

Adding the domain in cPanel should fix that error. The DNS entries are always missing until you add the domain. You can just omit NS1 entirely until its fixed if you can't get rid of that error though. That NS is still not working right it seems.

Also, the domain cesarmanara.com has been cleaned up.

Adding the domain in cPanel should fix that error. The DNS entries are always missing until you add the domain. You can just omit NS1 entirely until its fixed if you can't get rid of that error though. That NS is still not working right it seems.

Also, the domain cesarmanara.com has been cleaned up.

I'm not sure what you mean adding the domain in cPanel. kindred.com.br is my main domain for nimbm and I already see all the records on the zone Editor. I can't add it on the addon domain.

Also, I can't ignore ns1 entirely... it needs me to input 2 nameservers to make the change, and I can't type ns2 twice. Is there an alternative to ns1 I can use?

I still can't add the nameservers, same error. Query refused from ns1.

Amnt sure if this can be done. My logic states that you just need the nameserver to be operational. So how about adding a glue nameserver for your domain pointing to 8.8.8.8 and adding that some with HelioHost ns2. Just give it a shot... Never tried it before. Maybe it can solve your problem.

Amnt sure if this can be done. My logic states that you just need the nameserver to be operational. So how about adding a glue nameserver for your domain pointing to 8.8.8.8 and adding that some with HelioHost ns2. Just give it a shot... Never tried it before. Maybe it can solve your problem.

What do you mean a glue nameserver pointing to 8.8.8.8? How would I do that?

Not sure how it's done in GoDaddy. All my domains are from NameCheap.

Follow this: https://www.interserver.net/tips/kb/create-glue-records-godaddy-register-nameserver/?amp

That looks outdated and I can't find that anywhere on their new UI. In any case, it seems my account is still queued (I'm getting the account queued page on cesarmanara.com ), so I'll wait for that - perhaps ns1 becomes responsive again until it finishes setting up.

GoDaddy advanced support got back to me (I was 2 hrs in their chat yesterday to no success). They told me that rules for .br domains say that the NS must be set up to have the records so that it is authoritative over the domain before NS being pointed.

https://godaddy.com/help/nameserver-rules-for-br-domains-32196

You can check here: https://registro.br/tecnologia/ferramentas/verificacao-de-dns/ the result for the query. Ns1 resolves for kindred.com.br as "Pesquisa Recusada" which is "Query refused". Meaning NS1 doesn't have the record files for my domain.

Ns2 resolves as "Autoridade sobre o domínio" "authority over domain", meaning it recognizes it has the records for the domain.

@wolstech is there any chance the zone records for kindred.com.br could be manually added to ns1?

They told me that rules for .br domains say that the NS must be set up to have the records so that it is authoritative over the domain before NS being pointed.

The .br TLD is is one of only two TLDs in the entire world that require this, and as a result they're incompatible with most hosting companies (including us). Why they require this nonstandard configuration process is beyond me. Normal TLDs expect the records first, then the name server be configured second.

@wolstech is there any chance the zone records for kindred.com.br could be manually added to ns1? 

NS1 is still broken. It's missing a ton of zones at the moment for some reason. I'll ask Krydos about this...