[Solved] Requesting invite for Ricky

Nimb

They told me that rules for .br domains say that the NS must be set up to have the records so that it is authoritative over the domain before NS being pointed.

The .br TLD is is one of only two TLDs in the entire world that require this, and as a result they're incompatible with most hosting companies (including us). Why they require this nonstandard configuration process is beyond me. Normal TLDs expect the records first, then the name server be configured second.

@wolstech is there any chance the zone records for kindred.com.br could be manually added to ns1? 

NS1 is still broken. It's missing a ton of zones at the moment for some reason. I'll ask Krydos about this...

Yea, I know .br is a pain. For now I have copied all records from cpanel zone editor into the GoDaddy DNS records, and I've been able to make it work. I am using this as temporary while Ns1 doesn't get back - so if it's not possible no big deal for now, I managed to find a workaround finally.

Ns2 responds accordingly and is working and ready to receive the pointer from kindred.com.br, the problem is ns1, probably because of the missing zones.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NS1 had a corrupt named.conf which explains why it wouldn't sync...Krydos fixed that and resynchronized it. Is your domain on NS1 now?

@sohamb03: I don't remember, which is why I didn't list it. I only know a second one exists because I remember helping someone and saying "oh, it's like a .br". The .br is the original tld that was like this.

NS1 had a corrupt named.conf which explains why it wouldn't sync...Krydos fixed that and resynchronized it. Is your domain on NS1 now?

@sohamb03: I don't remember, which is why I didn't list it. I only know a second one exists because I remember helping someone and saying "oh, it's like a .br". The .br is the original tld that was like this.

Yep, works now!