"Unanswer" a topic

infantex

Thanks for your answer, sohamb03.

I posted in this forum because I'm not sure if the problem is, somehow, Ricky, or it is something I did wrong.

From wolstech answer, it appears to be something I did wrong (not configuring Google Apps MX records). I remembered having set them, but thinking they might have been wiped in the current turmoil, I logged in cPanel to set them... but there they were!

So I still don't know what to do (if it's something I should do) to fix the email.

All the customers and suppliers know the infantex.com.mx emails, so we've been practically uncommunicated this last two days, but I wouldn't want to spam all of them with an advise to use some temporary email address if this can be promptly resolved.

Regards,

OK.

I deleted the MX records and entered them again. I tested it and it worked! I can send and receive email with the infantex.com.mx accounts. Excellent.... 

But now, the email for the addon domain zaldivar.mx (which should be managed by Ricky) seems to be broken... 

When you say broken, what error are you getting? Are you getting NDR emails? If so, what's the error (it's probably something about it being scheduled to retry because the server didn't respond, but might be "no such user" as well).

Also, silly question, but did you verify the mailboxes exist?

Ricky's mail server is struggling under load though, so that's not terribly surprising even if configured correctly. Mail is being refused or not being delivered promptly. I received a few emails Ricky sent to me about 8 hours after they were sent...it's just really backed up on both sides. My suggestion for now would be to host that email elsewhere if possible until Tommy is back.

OK, by "broken" I meant "not working as it should". What did I observe?

• For testing, I sent an email (invoice) from an infantex.com.mx account to a customer, and blind-copied me to my regular, personal GMail account (not Google Apps). I received the email: Success.

• Then, I sent another invoice to another customer from the same infantex.com.mx account, this time blind-copying me to one zaldivar.mx account. Almost immediately, I got an email from mailer-daemon@googlemail.com stating (approximately, the actual message was in Spanish): Could not deliver message. There was a problem delivering message to jorge@zaldivar.mx. Technical details follow. This is the answer from the remote server", and then the following in English: "550 Verification failed for <cfdi@infantex.com.mx> The mail server could not deliver mail to cfdi@infantex.com.mx. The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries. Sender verify failed"

What's weird is that although the error says there was a problem delivering to "jorge@zaldivar.mx" the technical details list the sender's address (cfdi@infantex.com.mx) as the one causing the problem... But I didn't receive an error message for the main receiver (a GMail account). So I would assume that message was delivered.

• Then, I sent another email to jorge@zaldivar.mx from my ISP-provided mail account. It's been four hours and I haven't received that email or any error message.

• Half an hour ago, I sent another email to another zaldivar.mx account (mama) from my personal GMail account and I have just received it. I replied to it and received the reply almost immediately.

So the "broken" bits are the "sender verification error" when blind-copying to jorge@zaldivar.mx and the "lost" email for the same account... which I still may receive in another four hours, as per your experience.

Oh, by the way, the account do exist at zaldivar.mx.

Regards,

Further testing.

I just sent emails to jorge@zaldivar.mx from two different accounts (infantex.com.mx and ISP's) and received both within five minutes.

One of the replies was also received very fast. The other, after aprox. one hour, is still to be received.

So, it's kind of working.

The receiving issues probably improved overnight. It turns out that NS1 was broken and missing tons of zones. I’d be willing to bet the receiving issues were because remote servers couldn’t find your domain due to the broken NS. Can you verify that zaldivar.mx resolves correctly when ns1.heliohost.org is queried as the name server (I’m on mobile so can’t test easily)?

The intermittent nature of the issue was because when one NS is broken, the result is different depending on which server is asked for information. If one mail server asked ns1, it would fail, meanwhile if it asked ns2 the next time, it’d work...

As for email sent from Ricky taking a half hour to arrive, yeah, that’s load. I had one take 8 hours. The mail server is just really backed up on sending messages.

I don't know how to test if zaldivar.mx resolves correctly when ns1.heliohost.org is queried as the name server but if you tell me how to do it, I'll glady do it...

OK. I googled and tried the following:

C:\Users\JorgeZaldivar>nslookup zaldivar.mx ns1.heliohost.org
Servidor:  UnKnown
Address:  65.19.143.3

Nombre:  zaldivar.mx
Address:  64.62.211.134

I don't know if this is correct. When using ns2, I get the same address for zaldivar.mx:

C:\Users\JorgeZaldivar>nslookup zaldivar.mx ns2.heliohost.org
Address:  64.62.211.133

Nombre:  zaldivar.mx

If you meant for me to try something different, please advise.

Regards,

I guess what I did was not what you meant, because, when I test for infantex.com.mx, I get the exact same address, which, I guess, should be Ricky's.

C:\Users\JorgeZaldivar>nslookup infantex.com.mx ns2.heliohost.org

Nombre:  infantex.com.mx

C:\Users\JorgeZaldivar>nslookup infantex.com.mx ns1.heliohost.org

Nombre:  infantex.com.mx

I think I should be testing for MX records (?)

OK, I did the following:

C:\Users\JorgeZaldivar>nslookup
Servidor predeterminado:  2806-1020-ffff-0004-0000-0000-0000-000e.ipv6.infinitum.net.mx
Address:  2806:1020:ffff:4::e

> server ns1.heliohost.org
Servidor predeterminado:  ns1.heliohost.org

> set q=MX
> zaldivar.mx
Servidor:  ns1.heliohost.org

zaldivar.mx     MX preference = 0, mail exchanger = zaldivar.mx
zaldivar.mx     nameserver = ns1.heliohost.org
zaldivar.mx     nameserver = ns2.heliohost.org
zaldivar.mx     internet address = 64.62.211.134
ns1.heliohost.org       internet address = 65.19.143.3
ns2.heliohost.org       internet address = 64.62.211.133
> infantex.com.mx
Servidor:  ns1.heliohost.org

infantex.com.mx MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = alt3.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
infantex.com.mx MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = alt1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
infantex.com.mx MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = alt2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
infantex.com.mx MX preference = 1, mail exchanger = ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
infantex.com.mx MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = alt4.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
infantex.com.mx nameserver = ns2.heliohost.org
infantex.com.mx nameserver = ns1.heliohost.org
> exit

Was this what you asked?

Regards,

Yep. That's exactly what I was going to do, and everything in there is looking good :) Your DNS issues have cleared up and are normal.

If mail to the zaldivar.mx domain is having trouble delivering at this point, it's due to Ricky being overloaded. The infantex domain is configured for google as expected and you said that is working properly, so that's good to go as well.

Yes, today infantex was working fine, I received several emails... but it's down (or not working) again.

I sent emails to three different accounts at infantex (info, jzm and cfdi) and all were returned with a 550 error:

550 The mail server could not deliver mail to info@infantex.com.mx. The account or domain may 
not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.

And now ns2.heliohost.org lost the Google Apps configuration:

> infantex.com.mx
Servidor:  ns2.heliohost.org

infantex.com.mx MX preference = 0, mail exchanger = infantex.com.mx
infantex.com.mx nameserver = ns2.heliohost.org
infantex.com.mx nameserver = ns1.heliohost.org
infantex.com.mx internet address = 64.62.211.134

I know you've been experiencing cascading problems since Tommy crashed, but I don't know if my problems are the result of yours or I'm doing something wrong.

Things that are different from when I was on Tommy:

• I added an alias (infantex.mx) to the main domain (infantex.com.mx). I haven't changed anything for the alias, specifically, I haven't touched the MX records. Do I need to point the MX records for infantex.mx also to Google? I haven't configured the new domain in Google, in fact, I don´t know if I can or how. Could it be that the mail setup for the alias is somehow interfering or "contaminating" the setup for the main domain?
  • Also, I now have zaldivar.mx as an add-on domain. Previously, zaldivar.mx was on another account (my own personal account which I recently opened when I finally could get hold of the zaldivar.mx domain). This account (infantex) was my father's. I set it up for him several years ago (for his business, I used to work there). He passed away last year and I have returned to and taken charge of my father's business. Could it also be that the email setup of the add-on domain (zaldivar.mx), which is configured to be managed by Ricky, is "contaminating" the setup of infantex.com.mx, so that it is "falling back" to be managed by Ricky instead of by Google?
  • Finally, I kind of remember (it's been years) that mail.infantex.com.mx somehow pointed to Google. Was it a CNAME record? I haven't done that this time and when I type "mail.infantex.com.mx" in the browser, I land on Infantex's website (same as if I had typed "www.infantex.com.mx"). Could this discrepancy be reverting email to be handled by Ricky?

Regards,

Mm. I found out that the mail domain should point to ghs.googlehosted.com (CNAME record), so I went on and changed it. However, from what I read, it should not affect how mail is delivered, it's only a convenience thing.

While at was at the Zone Editor, I checked the MX records... they had reverted to infantex.com.mx, i.e., Google Apps configuration was lost. I'll change them again. 

Do you think it's getting changed back due to the "contamination" thing (alias and add-on domains) I mentioned in my previous post?