[Solved] The MYSQL server is offline on Ricky

Guest snowm

I am getting a message on Ricky that the server is offline, with this message below.

Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID zpzdbk) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)) Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID zpzdbk) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 167.

Is the server down for maintenance?

No, the server isn't down for maintenance. It's due to high server load.

I knew it was due to high server load!

Must be lunchtime for everyone.

Now we are up. Thanks.

That's a common scenario nowadays. Not only you, there were other users too who reported this. Then the connection gets back after sometime.

So anyone please mark this as 'Solved'.

So it wasn't just me that was reporting this? Hmmm.

It stops responding every few hours due to severe overloading.

My sites are up and down all the time too. I get emails every time the database server fails. Three outages today so far, ranging from <1 minute to ~5 minutes each.

No response from subprocess (cpanel (cpanel)): The subprocess ended prematurely because it received the “KILL” (9) signal.

Yet again its down  :(  :(