[Solved] Requests

sylvain

Actually, I don't want to. In just censoring content, I feel I've gone overboard and mentioned something that hurts me even this day. I feel we should rest this discussion here. Also, if you want you can delete the posts from the first, I don't mind. Feel free to get back to me on PM is you'd want to know why I'm saying this.

If only i could know some person that is honest, has legal age to receive a Canada mail post check; specially that the person could take all the money and dont make a donation.

Have you looked in to a prepaid credit card? It's what I use with Paypal.

Sorry soham you are right for censor. Ive just forget to mention about it first.

In the past ive buyed a visa prepay gift card. They asked my name and adress. Ive even got problem with them. You see when you buy those cards, the terms of it is into the enveloppe; so legally the terms are hidden until you open it to take the gift card.

But you cannot open the gift card into the groceries since its glued into. So this is a miss of legal transparency. I think i still have an enveloppe of theres. Of course they have a tiny window so the cashier can scan to put the money onto the gift card. But still the terms is into the enveloppe that is glued inside, this is a lack of transparency.

When i want something i ask if they accept Canada post mail money check. Also because i'm scared of online money transactions and privacy life issues. That's why i dont do online money transactions. The only way for me is to send money by Canada post to some one that is trusty and have legal age to accept my money and do the donation for me.

Think about it...have you ever tried paying for something from Amazon, iTunes, or Google Play with a check? Good luck with that. The large majority of online companies these days won't accept any form of check. We're no different. 

I'm surprised they would ask for name and address just to purchase a visa gift card...here in the USA, it's not required to buy it or to use it in person. It's needed to use it online though, and there's directions in the package to register if you wish to use it that way. It's a payment industry standard called AVS that makes this necessary. It's not the retailer or the gift card company requiring this, it's part of the payment card industry standards that all card issuers and processors follow.

As for the terms, you can view the terms of all the major Visa cards online if you want to read before buying. The website should be on the back of the package. I work at a large home improvement store that sells them, and have used my phone to look up the terms for customers who asked about the fees.

Another option: Use a site that trades non-Visa gift cards for bitcoin and donate the bitcoin. These sites accept major store cards like Amazon and Walmart gift cards and pay bitcoin to a wallet you pick. You can just put our wallet as the recipient and we'll get the value of the gift card (minus fees) as a donation. Google found paxful.com as an example, but I've never personally used them so can't recommend that site specifically.

The only donation I've ever had to fully refuse was Rupay (debit card system used almost exclusively in India). Finding an online service that takes Rupay is difficult, and the donor's local merchants didn't sell gift cards.

I wonder if there is some person that read this, if they know about the site: http://www.cardpool.com ? Ive done a search thank's to Krydos that it is possible to have some gift card sell them, so i can donate more to Heliohost.org

What ive searched is that it seem that cardpool.com is the best, it is a mystery for me and i feel somehow very insecure; because its the unknown for me so i hope that you'll understand.

So i wonder if there is peoples here or peoples that know this site and how it work. I know that i can try to contact them to have more infos, but if there is some one that already has experience in the domain; it can be some thing that can interrest my self.

Thanks for your time.

A+