[Solved] Release my domain

gvr590

Please release the domain  greenvalleyrecording.heliohost.org from the DNS cluster. I understand that I can then use the same FTP settings to upload my website again to Tommy. If that is incorrect, please advise. I had NOT temporarily put the site on another of your servers. 

Thank you. 

Richard

That domain should be available. If you had a backup from us, you can just upload it using the Backup Wizard at your cpanel and it will automatically restore your account once you get your Tommy account back.

Thank you. I didn't get a backup from you since I created and edit the site on my local computer, and upload any changes with an ftp program. Can I just re-upload that somehow? Thank you for the hand-holding. I know I'm a PITA to you guys who know what you're doing. 

Edited by gvr590

Oh, no.... that must be the problem; I didn't realize I had to create a new account. Sorry. I'll download the backup and then create a new account and then upload the backup thourh the Backup Wizard. I truly appreciate the help. I really feel stupid with this... 

Boy, I'm having a heck of a time. I succeeded in downloading the backup, installed 7 zip and extracted it. I do have all my orginal files that I could upload via ftp, but wanted a safety so I downloade your backup. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to create a new account on Tommy. This just seems so difficult for me. Again, I apologize.

You'll just need to be patient for another invite when the list gets down to you: https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/36995-tommy-is-back/

As far as the backup goes, if you use the backup we provided, you don't need to extract it on your pc, just upload the tar.gz file to your cpanel Backup Wizard and it will extract it for you.

• Like 1

You'll just need to be patient for another invite when the list gets down to you: https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/36995-tommy-is-back/

As far as the backup goes, if you use the backup we provided, you don't need to extract it on your pc, just upload the tar.gz file to your cpanel Backup Wizard and it will extract it for you.

Oh, that explains it. I just have to wait for an invitation. Thank you for that salient info. And I'll delete the extracted backup and hope the invite comes soon. Thank you for your help (and patience)!!

Here I am again.  :(   I received the validation e-mail a couple of days ago. To be clear, here's some of the wording:

" Hey gvr590,

Thanks for creating an account with HelioHost. We're sure you'll love it here! To continue with the account creation process please click the validation link below to verify your email address."

I've clicked the link several times, trying to continue to my control panel, and clicking takes me to a heliohost web page that says "Features", and it lists choices for my needs. I've tried several different options, but they all take me to a page that says all of the servers are full, or in case of Tommy, closed. Finally, I clicked on Tommy anyway and got this message: "Based on your selections I recommend you start on the Tommy server, but it is currently full. You will need to wait 11 hours and 21 minutes for signups to reopen."

Please tell me what I should do now. 

That's not an invitation email. That's a validation email which you received since you signed up for an account yourself. You'll receive a email with subject "HelioHost Tommy Invite" or something similar, following which you'll recreate your account. Please wait until then.

• 1 month later...

Gee... this seems like an extraordinarily long wait... I don't seem to have received an invitation yet. Can someone please check on that to make sure? greenvalleyrecording@heliohost.org was my site address. (Although I bought a URL and redirected to it). 

Thank you,

Richard Rupert