Server Downed

Ashoat

It's not fair, that's for sure, but on the other hand they will benefit from the format of the disk as all the down time they have right now is much worse then the re-format of the disk...

I think this could go a bit wrong. Say you have a forum and you forget to back it up then that means all your member data goes bye bye. But then again this downtime is annoying...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not fair, that's for sure, but on the other hand they will benefit from the format of the disk as all the down time they have right now is much worse then the re-format of the disk...

I think this could go a bit wrong. Say you have a forum and you forget to back it up then that means all your member data goes bye bye. But then again this downtime is annoying...

I have to agree, though this may not seem right and everyone has to sign back up even, It will get rid of a lot of people who just forgot about

their webhosting accounts here. The more downtime, the more people aren't going to wait because of their impatience, and if this will work... have at it?

OK, I've spent the last two days on the phone with a datacenter tech while we tried to fix possible filesystem issues. The stability issues might be gone now, but we're not sure. I'm monitoring the system right now to see if load starts spiking.

OK, I've spent the last two days on the phone with a datacenter tech while we tried to fix possible filesystem issues. The stability issues might be gone now, but we're not sure. I'm monitoring the system right now to see if load starts spiking.

I recall last time we had crashes it was because some idiot abused his/her cron jobs. Could it be one user hogging resources in some way again?

The site has been down a lot recently. I think our little hacker friend is still trying. Stupid hacker won't give up. I wouldn't care if my site was hacked, because if you have a local backup of everything, you can simply put it all back into the server. Although I wouldn't prefer to be hacked.

The site has been down a lot recently. I think our little hacker friend is still trying. Stupid hacker won't give up. I wouldn't care if my site was hacked, because if you have a local backup of everything, you can simply put it all back into the server. Although I wouldn't prefer to be hacked.

Out of curiosity did you even read the post before you?

I'm sure he didn't

Now I'm just hoping Helio will gets stabler

because I'm having quite a hard time to let people download some files from my hosted site (not mp3, videos)

Glad to see you back again!

My account has an inaccessible cPanel... just thought I would let you know.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

Glad to see you back again!

My account has an inaccessible cPanel... just thought I would let you know.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

You're not alone.

Reformatting the disk without backing up people's data is not an acceptable option. Whilst we all know that it's our responsibility to keep backups of our own data, we do assume that the site admins are not going to wipe our accounts deliberately. It's certainly wouldn't do any good to Heliohost's reputation in the long term. Djbob aims to provide a professional level of hosting for free and this isn't what you'd expect of a professional host.

If the drive is wiped, we'd need a month's notice, with a message on cPanel. Users are required to sign in every month to keep their account, so that's the only way to ensure that everyone knows (at least, everyone who can legitimately expect to keep their account).

Sorry, I didn't notice the last page of this thread. Very stupid.

Still, I was unable to post this reply for a while, just getting 500s. Seems to be happening quite a lot on my site too at the moment.