[Solved] MySQL database issue

bobdick2

I just created an account on the Tommy server.

After creating my account, I reuploaded my database backup file (.sql) to MySQL but I encountered several issues

1. I can't for some reason create the database named "yourhomepage" -- it always gives me an error

2. My site which uses PHP to retrieve the data from the database is unable to pull any data from the database so the browser freezes up and crashes

3. I can create other databases using the cPanel wizard, but I can't open them in PHPMyAdmin -- PHPMyAdmin freezes up and crashes

I deleted my account and asked for another invitation. I created another account but yielded the same results. My import file is only 16 KB so it is not that the database is big or anything. 

Any ideas on what happened? Thanks for reading.

Weird, PMA does indeed freeze when I log in as you and try opening it. Let's have Krydos take a look at this.

As for the database yourhomepage, make sure you don't have a similarly named database already (I see such a database with an additional underscore). Also, remember that the database name will always have your username_ in front of it when accessing it (bobdick2_yourhomepage).

You can't create it because it already exists.

mysql> create database bobdick2_yourhomepage;
ERROR 1007 (HY000): Can't create database 'bobdick2_yourhomepage'; database exists
I'm not sure why your account didn't have access to it though, because it wasn't showing up in cpanel. I dropped the database, and recreated it through your account and it seems to be working now.