[Solved] Blocked IP in johnny server

chrp

Hello, I'm sorry for bothering, but it seems that I've tried to log in via ftp through FileZilla to many times with wrong credentials, and have been IP blocked. I've downloaded configuration files for FileZilla from cpanel, and entered the password that I use when logging in via www.heliohost.org.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Last thing I did was try to create a new ftp account for logging in, because i thought that the problem is a space character in my password, and i can't change my account password in cpanel.

Unblocked.

Spaces in your password are known to be problematic with some systems are not recommended. Not sure if it would cause this issue or not, but you could try changing your password if need be.

Since you're trying to use SFTP, try manually setting it up.

Host name: johnny.heliohost.org

Port: 1373

Connection: SFTP (do not select FTP over explicit TLS, it's not supported).

Username: chrp

Password: Your cpanel password

If you create additional accounts, they need to use unencrypted (plain) FTP on port 21 to connect. Only the main cpanel account can connect via SFTP.

Hi again!

Thank you for unblocking my account.

The problem was that the only page that accepted my password (that contained space characters) as valid

was the https://www.heliohost.org/ page. Every other place that asked for a password for something,

returned an invalid credentials message.

The issue I had has been resolved by resetting my password via e-mail.

My password now does not have space characters and everything works fine.

Thank you again for assisting me.

(do not select FTP over explicit TLS, it's not supported).

I actually tested FTPS on all three servers and it worked for me. Here is an example Filezilla settings that works on Tommy.

d2556e019278357c8b631a71d7e49684.png

The first time you connect it will do a pop up with the certificate information, but you just review that and accept it and it works.

d037975e70295f54fe075be05a993a8c.png

Yeah, FTP over TLS does work on Tommy (I use it all the time because SFTP is problematic from work), but I've never had any consistent success with the other two servers (Johnny especially). On rare occasion I've had them work, but they usually either time out or give a login failure. Plain FTP and SFTP almost always work even when TLS doesn't. It's probably load related if I had to guess.