Jump to content


Photo

[Solved] Donation - $550...


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#16 ikk157

ikk157

    Rank I Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:32 PM


You beat my $300 donation. Congratulations. You deserve it. :) Enjoy your spoils.


Haha thanks! What "spoils" are you referring to? Doesn't everyone get inactivity immunity and double storage for donating?

Read the fundraiser again

“ Whoever donates the largest amount will win a beast of a VPS for six months with 16 GB memory, 8 cpus, 300 GB hard drive space, unlimited bandwidth, a dedicated IPv4 address, and your choice of operating system. That's a $318 value!”

You’re the chosen one!

#17 sohamb03

sohamb03

    Rank VIII Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India
  • Interests:Web Designing

Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:30 PM

Dunno, well that was a thing of controversy over Discord as well. NVM I thought you didn't see. ;)

And @zavyerr, what to say. Amazing helpful donation, that's all to say. Thanks for being such a great help to HelioHost. :)

Sayan Bhattacharyya


#18 Krydos

Krydos

    Rank X Member

  • Root Admin
  • 19,162 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 November 2019 - 06:15 PM

The donation is verified.

I seriously can't believe my eyes. That is VERY generous of you. When we originally set the goal for the gofundme we all had little to no expectation of actually getting that many donations. It's not a secret that HelioHost has lost money for like 4 years in a row. When we do our taxes in December I guess we'll know for sure, but I have a feeling this is going to be the first year in a long time that we've actually finished the year in the black. It's not easy running a non-profit, and over the years we've had to grow and adapt to the changing world to stay in business. Ashoat started this company back in March 2005, so in just four months we're going to be celebrating our 15th anniversary. What a great way to celebrate by launching the new Sparkie server, fully funding the gofundme, and actually not losing money for a whole year.

I'm not going to lie, there have been many times where I've questioned if it was worth all the effort to keep HelioHost running. Dealing with customer support issues we mainly see the worst. People complaining and being unhappy about things and breaking our terms of service are generally the loudest, and get the most attention so it's easy to forget about all of the thousands of people that we help each and every day. It's just amazing to me to see the support from the community for this little project. Donations like this prove that it's not just me that wants to see this non-profit succeed, and it makes me want to carry on and continue improving HelioHost. Maybe someone reading this message is just like you Caleb, they may not be able to afford paid hosting right now, but after using our free service for a while they find themselves in a position financially to make a generous donation of their own.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank Roy for his also very generous donation of $300. Between the two of you 31% of the goal was achieved. A big thanks goes out to all the small donors as well. Obviously the biggest donations get most of the attention, but the small donors are where the other 69% of our funding came from. If you're reading this and thinking that there's no way you could donate $550 yourself, just know that when we get hundreds of small $5 donations it all adds up eventually. Every dollar helps.

I don't really know what to say other than, "Thank you!"

#19 pooks

pooks

    Rank IV Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Here
  • Interests:Elsword, Website, RPG Maker MV

Posted 10 November 2019 - 06:36 PM

The donation is verified.

I seriously can't believe my eyes. That is VERY generous of you. When we originally set the goal for the gofundme we all had little to no expectation of actually getting that many donations. It's not a secret that HelioHost has lost money for like 4 years in a row. When we do our taxes in December I guess we'll know for sure, but I have a feeling this is going to be the first year in a long time that we've actually finished the year in the black. It's not easy running a non-profit, and over the years we've had to grow and adapt to the changing world to stay in business. Ashoat started this company back in March 2005, so in just four months we're going to be celebrating our 15th anniversary. What a great way to celebrate by launching the new Sparkie server, fully funding the gofundme, and actually not losing money for a whole year.

I'm not going to lie, there have been many times where I've questioned if it was worth all the effort to keep HelioHost running. Dealing with customer support issues we mainly see the worst. People complaining and being unhappy about things and breaking our terms of service are generally the loudest, and get the most attention so it's easy to forget about all of the thousands of people that we help each and every day. It's just amazing to me to see the support from the community for this little project. Donations like this prove that it's not just me that wants to see this non-profit succeed, and it makes me want to carry on and continue improving HelioHost. Maybe someone reading this message is just like you Caleb, they may not be able to afford paid hosting right now, but after using our free service for a while they find themselves in a position financially to make a generous donation of their own.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank Roy for his also very generous donation of $300. Between the two of you 31% of the goal was achieved. A big thanks goes out to all the small donors as well. Obviously the biggest donations get most of the attention, but the small donors are where the other 69% of our funding came from. If you're reading this and thinking that there's no way you could donate $550 yourself, just know that when we get hundreds of small $5 donations it all adds up eventually. Every dollar helps.

I don't really know what to say other than, "Thank you!"

Honestly Krydos, just providing us with constantly amazing service is the best thank you. I would never, in a million years, think I would be as generous as I was to complete strangers. But then again, I never would have thought I would have fallen in love with the pure selflessness and hard working people of Heliohost. Every. Single. Person. Who volunteered to make this place a better place deserves to be here. To all of the root admins, thank YOU. I would have never discovered this place if you had given up. I never would have donated if you faltered or ran away. Continue to be the best you can be, and I will continue, how ever I can, to help you strive to be that best you can be.

~ Roy (Yikes, E, Pooks, Jenova)

Posted Image


#20 Krydos

Krydos

    Rank X Member

  • Root Admin
  • 19,162 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:17 PM

I increased your storage to the maximum currently allowed by our system, and you have inactivity immunity until 2029-01-10. I'll set the VPS up for you, and email the credentials if you want it. Just let us know. Thanks again!

#21 eggcite

eggcite

    Rank I Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:58 PM

 

The donation is verified.

I seriously can't believe my eyes. That is VERY generous of you. When we originally set the goal for the gofundme we all had little to no expectation of actually getting that many donations. It's not a secret that HelioHost has lost money for like 4 years in a row. When we do our taxes in December I guess we'll know for sure, but I have a feeling this is going to be the first year in a long time that we've actually finished the year in the black. It's not easy running a non-profit, and over the years we've had to grow and adapt to the changing world to stay in business. Ashoat started this company back in March 2005, so in just four months we're going to be celebrating our 15th anniversary. What a great way to celebrate by launching the new Sparkie server, fully funding the gofundme, and actually not losing money for a whole year.

I'm not going to lie, there have been many times where I've questioned if it was worth all the effort to keep HelioHost running. Dealing with customer support issues we mainly see the worst. People complaining and being unhappy about things and breaking our terms of service are generally the loudest, and get the most attention so it's easy to forget about all of the thousands of people that we help each and every day. It's just amazing to me to see the support from the community for this little project. Donations like this prove that it's not just me that wants to see this non-profit succeed, and it makes me want to carry on and continue improving HelioHost. Maybe someone reading this message is just like you Caleb, they may not be able to afford paid hosting right now, but after using our free service for a while they find themselves in a position financially to make a generous donation of their own.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank Roy for his also very generous donation of $300. Between the two of you 31% of the goal was achieved. A big thanks goes out to all the small donors as well. Obviously the biggest donations get most of the attention, but the small donors are where the other 69% of our funding came from. If you're reading this and thinking that there's no way you could donate $550 yourself, just know that when we get hundreds of small $5 donations it all adds up eventually. Every dollar helps.

I don't really know what to say other than, "Thank you!"

Honestly Krydos, just providing us with constantly amazing service is the best thank you. I would never, in a million years, think I would be as generous as I was to complete strangers. But then again, I never would have thought I would have fallen in love with the pure selflessness and hard working people of Heliohost. Every. Single. Person. Who volunteered to make this place a better place deserves to be here. To all of the root admins, thank YOU. I would have never discovered this place if you had given up. I never would have donated if you faltered or ran away. Continue to be the best you can be, and I will continue, how ever I can, to help you strive to be that best you can be.

~ Roy (Yikes, E, Pooks, Jenova)

 

 

Ditto on this!  I'm happy to be able to help, and I'm also happy there's so many other people out there who are helping keep this non-profit afloat (also, Roy, I saw your Free Move to Tommy initiative and I thought that was fantastic)!  I've been using Heliohost since my first website in high school, and I just appreciate how committed this team is to providing this resource to the public.  Keep it up, guys.  The community needs this.

 

God Bless!



#22 eggcite

eggcite

    Rank I Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:59 PM

I increased your storage to the maximum currently allowed by our system, and you have inactivity immunity until 2029-01-10. I'll set the VPS up for you, and email the credentials if you want it. Just let us know. Thanks again!

 

Haha I'm just happy I don't have to remember to login all the time!  No, thank YOU!!



#23 pooks

pooks

    Rank IV Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Here
  • Interests:Elsword, Website, RPG Maker MV

Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:42 PM

I increased your storage to the maximum currently allowed by our system, and you have inactivity immunity until 2029-01-10. I'll set the VPS up for you, and email the credentials if you want it. Just let us know. Thanks again!

 

And, prey tell, what is the maximum allowed?

 

 

 

The donation is verified.

I seriously can't believe my eyes. That is VERY generous of you. When we originally set the goal for the gofundme we all had little to no expectation of actually getting that many donations. It's not a secret that HelioHost has lost money for like 4 years in a row. When we do our taxes in December I guess we'll know for sure, but I have a feeling this is going to be the first year in a long time that we've actually finished the year in the black. It's not easy running a non-profit, and over the years we've had to grow and adapt to the changing world to stay in business. Ashoat started this company back in March 2005, so in just four months we're going to be celebrating our 15th anniversary. What a great way to celebrate by launching the new Sparkie server, fully funding the gofundme, and actually not losing money for a whole year.

I'm not going to lie, there have been many times where I've questioned if it was worth all the effort to keep HelioHost running. Dealing with customer support issues we mainly see the worst. People complaining and being unhappy about things and breaking our terms of service are generally the loudest, and get the most attention so it's easy to forget about all of the thousands of people that we help each and every day. It's just amazing to me to see the support from the community for this little project. Donations like this prove that it's not just me that wants to see this non-profit succeed, and it makes me want to carry on and continue improving HelioHost. Maybe someone reading this message is just like you Caleb, they may not be able to afford paid hosting right now, but after using our free service for a while they find themselves in a position financially to make a generous donation of their own.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank Roy for his also very generous donation of $300. Between the two of you 31% of the goal was achieved. A big thanks goes out to all the small donors as well. Obviously the biggest donations get most of the attention, but the small donors are where the other 69% of our funding came from. If you're reading this and thinking that there's no way you could donate $550 yourself, just know that when we get hundreds of small $5 donations it all adds up eventually. Every dollar helps.

I don't really know what to say other than, "Thank you!"

Honestly Krydos, just providing us with constantly amazing service is the best thank you. I would never, in a million years, think I would be as generous as I was to complete strangers. But then again, I never would have thought I would have fallen in love with the pure selflessness and hard working people of Heliohost. Every. Single. Person. Who volunteered to make this place a better place deserves to be here. To all of the root admins, thank YOU. I would have never discovered this place if you had given up. I never would have donated if you faltered or ran away. Continue to be the best you can be, and I will continue, how ever I can, to help you strive to be that best you can be.

~ Roy (Yikes, E, Pooks, Jenova)

 

 

Ditto on this!  I'm happy to be able to help, and I'm also happy there's so many other people out there who are helping keep this non-profit afloat (also, Roy, I saw your Free Move to Tommy initiative and I thought that was fantastic)!  I've been using Heliohost since my first website in high school, and I just appreciate how committed this team is to providing this resource to the public.  Keep it up, guys.  The community needs this.

 

God Bless!

 

 

I cant help but give back more and more to this community. Everyone here is so helpful and you KNOW FOR A FACT your not talking to bots. Each Root admin has their own personality (I like Krydos' and wolstech's the best!) and its just spices up being a user here. Seriously, I didn't think this fundraiser would be complete for another 2-3 months, yet, here we are!

 

All the hard work the root admins have put in is paying off. You're being acknowledged. I'm so happy for this community. May it continue to blossom far into the future!


Edited by pooks, 10 November 2019 - 09:42 PM.

Posted Image


#24 Krydos

Krydos

    Rank X Member

  • Root Admin
  • 19,162 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:40 PM

And, prey tell, what is the maximum allowed?

3000 MB, haha. If you guys need more though we can probably make it happen.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users