[Solved] Broken SSL Install page

jbbdude

I have been able to add an SSL certificate with the CRT page. However, when I try to access the SSL Install page, I get the following error:

A fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive. [close]
Template::Exception:
	[TYPE]=[undef]
	[INFO]=[SSL::installed_hosts() failed: Unrecognized vhost: “family.block.ovh” at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Config/WebVhosts.pm line 310.

]
	[TEXT]=[]
 at cpanel.pl line 1043.
	cpanel::cpanel::cptt_exectag("/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/paper_lantern/ssl/install.htm"..., 1) called at cpanel.pl line 4637
	cpanel::cpanel::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel.pl line 857
	cpanel::cpanel::script("cpanel::cpanel", "./frontend/paper_lantern/ssl/install.html.tt") called at cpanel.pl line 272

My domains are all working with HTTP.

My site has two cPanel certificates that don't cover most of the domains I have set up, and the rest are self-signed which isn't treated well by Chrome and other browsers. I manually generated a Let's Encrypt certificate and I was trying to install that.

I checked a few more spots. The SSL/TLS Status page is blank. The SSL/TLS Wizard page crashes with the error:

The “SSL::installed_hosts” API failed due to the following error: Unrecognized vhost: “family.block.ovh” at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Config/WebVhosts.pm line 310.

I suspect that one domain has some messed up SSL configuration, which could be causing the auto SSL to fail and is preventing these CPanel tools from functioning.

I attempted to remove and re-add the problem domain from my account. However, when I try to remove it as an add-on domain, I receive the error:

“family.block.ovh” is not a parked domain.

Clearly something is messed up in the config for this domain.

• 4 weeks later...