2 replies to this topic

#1 HelioHost

HelioHost

Announcements

• Moderators
  • 5,483 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:52 PM

Username: rickstah, Server: Johnny, Main domain: oldbhra.heliohost.org

Hello, I have signed up for an account, have access and have uploaded my files. They were created using FrontPage 2003. I had it hosted elsewhere and wanted to keep it up for reference. I seem to be missing something. When I cleck on an HTM file in Cpanel it just shows HTML in view. When I try to access it from the web it says this page isn't working. Am I missing a "Publish" step? It is: old_BHRA.heliohost.org. The landing page is Index.htm. Do I have to load Frontpage extensions? if so how. WOW..sorry so many questions.
Rick
This is an unmonitored account for announcements only.
Wiki | Facebook | Twitter
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 flazepe

flazepe

Rank X Member

• Moderators
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:00 PM

Your main domain is oldbhra.heliohost.org, not old_BHRA.heliohost.org.

#3 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 11,172 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:42 PM

First, your domain is still queued. That should go away in a few hours (you may need to clear your cache). If it does not, please let us know.

Second, Frontpage is LONG obsolete. Microsoft abandoned it in 2011, and we haven't supported frontpage extensions in years. 

Once your domain is working, the actual website should work if you upload its files to public_html manually (it's just a plain HTML site, so there shouldn't be compatibility issues with things like PHP). Be sure to use all lowercase for the filename index.html or index.htm when naming it. Linux file names are case sensitive (unlike Windows), and capitalizing the index file can prevent it from being seen. You might need to edit your code if you have capitalized filenames in the links.

Please do not PM me for support. Posting on our forums lets all of us learn.
Do you play Minecraft? | Server Monitors | And the Dumbass of the Decade award goes to...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users