[Solved] My disk usage is almost 50% and I don't know why

MauroF

Today I logged in my account and noticed that I've used 479/1000 MB, but most of them (405.79 MB) are on "other usage". Is it possible to have more information about the nature of these files? As fas as I know nothing that I've done recently justifies this usage and I would like to know why this is happening.

My username is wolf2d and the domain is wolfcube.heliohost.org

Thanks in advance

If I remember correctly, sometimes either .trash or site builder will store files. Could also be backups by Softaculous.

Edit:

so i just logged in so i can find the paths:

.trash:

/home/{username}/.trash

site builder:

/home/{username}/site_publisher/backups

Softaculous backups:

/home/{username}/softaculous_backups

Edited by pooks

Thank you both for you replies.

I don't think it's trash as the .trash folder is just a few MB (I guess it's included in "Files in hidden subdirectories." in cPanel disk usage setting, btw).

Also, mysql shows as just 0.01 MB in the same page: I've only got a 12 KB database and considering that I've never really used, I think I could just ignore it.

If I remember correctly, sometimes either .trash or site builder will store files. Could also be backups by Softaculous.

Edit:

.trash:

/home/{username}/.trash

site builder:

Softaculous backups:

Both these folder also do not exist as, well, I don't use either the site publisher nor softaculous

Thank you both for you replies.

I don't think it's trash as the .trash folder is just a few MB (I guess it's included in "Files in hidden subdirectories." in cPanel disk usage setting, btw).

Also, mysql shows as just 0.01 MB in the same page: I've only got a 12 KB database and considering that I've never really used, I think I could just ignore it.

Edit:

.trash:

/home/{username}/.trash

site builder:

Softaculous backups:

Both these folder also do not exist as, well, I don't use either the site publisher nor softaculous

Look at Disk Usage tab. Scroll to the bottom and open up the tree with the highest amount of MB in it to see what it is that is eating up all your space.

Look at Disk Usage tab. Scroll to the bottom and open up the tree with the highest amount of MB in it to see what it is that is eating up all your space.

I already did this: my whole home directory is only using 91 MB, most of them appear under "other usage", to cite directly cpanel:

The files outside of your home directory, the metadata that the system uses to store email in the mail directory, the email in Trash folders, or the files that you do not have permission to access.

I already did this: my whole home directory is only using 91 MB, most of them appear under "other usage", to cite directly cpanel:

The files outside of your home directory, the metadata that the system uses to store email in the mail directory, the email in Trash folders, or the files that you do not have permission to access.

That makes no sense as to why it would count towards your usage then...

That makes no sense as to why it would count towards your usage then...

I agree :rolleyes: , but that's what cPanel tells me... I think an admin is needed here to clarify a bit what's going on

428 MB is in use by your mail accounts. Try deleting some junk mail perhaps?

Oof. I should have seen that. It literally states it right in his Cpanel quote. Lmao