[Solved] Page is not working @ Joomla Update to v3.9.14

fuzmic

Hi folks

I can do joomla update at my Joomla backup. I used to have this problem before the new Tommy wherein i rely on softaculous. Since the new Tommy i have updated a number of times at Joomla BEnd smoothly.

In my latest attempt from Jm v3.9.13 to ..14 the server said "This Page is not working", peace2u....org unable to handle this request. Any clue whats happening?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

sohamb03 Thanks, reply a bit late

i have clear the joomla cache but which DNS to flush or how to flush DNS; peace2u.heliohost.org still gives a 500 error when i try update Joomla.

Can i go to the file manager at cpanel and remove all the cache files in the 4 sub folders under .cpanel > cache

The Joomla updater doesn't work reliably on our service for some reason, probably something related to memory or execution time limits. Krydos might have an idea what causes it, but you're not alone.

I moved my Joomla site to Lily for this exact reason...of course IIS has its own issues with updating Joomla, but nonetheless.

Lets see if Krydos knows more about this. I'd be interested in getting this to work reliably.

@sohmab03: DNS flush is not relevant here. He would not be able to access the site at all if that was the problem (a DNS flush is usually only needed if you moved servers).

Php used is 7.19

Probably relevant is hostgator Joomla update to .14 no issue. In fact at Tommy last update to .12 .13 no problem.

I had a peep at surflulous but unlike old times no update option available.

KRYDOS happy hunting.

• 2 months later...

Still unable to update

Is it possible that your server disallowed directly writing to website, thus requiring FTP

Hope Krydos can look at it from this angle. Thanks mate.

Joomla's updater is broken. I have x.13 running on a Windows/IIS box outside of here and have the exact same issue...it won't update to 14. It just fails, or partially updates and hoses the install.

It's not us, it's the product. There's got to be some arcane requirement that most servers don't meet.

You could try exporting your data, deleting the old install, installing a fresh copy of the upgraded software, and then restore your backed up data. I'm not familiar enough with Joomla to know if there's an import/export functions though so this is just a guess.

Thanks brothers for response. My last resort as Krydos said is to upload from my localhost which is already updated to latest Joomla version.

Meanwhile I will also try update indirectly from an uploaded folder of joomla.update

Krydos: Could it be caused by file rights limitations that block Joomla from over writing folders in website during the update progress.

I tried to use a downloaded Jm 3.9.x to 3.9.16 update.zip the result is still "no go". Thanks for reading.