What Operating System do you use?

kvhc128

What OS do you use?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Windows SP3 On my Desktop and Laptop,But im hoping to make my Laptop windows free (Either using Ubuntu,Kubuntu or Mandriva) Within the next few monts :)

Only A Uber nerd makes that kind of new years resolutions :P

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If ubuntu linux (GNOME) had buttons much smaller (without the enormous padding), had more green and blue and didn't require a graphics card and XGL to run Desktop Effects, I would have switched permanently.

Windows XP has a hell lot of 3rd party apps that do this well and Windows Vista (which I don't use) can do it superb (although it sucks the f---ing life out of your computer while doing so)

still using windows xp

if windows 7 could have (1) much less processes; (2) UAC didn't prompt during removing shortcuts (I actually like it when it pops up and tells me that something is going into program files) and didn't prompt before I clicked apply in Control Panel; (3) Sidebar doesn't drink all the blood out of the CPU/RAM; (4) Start up in 20 seconds; (5) Restored the up button in Windows Explorer; (6) Remove so many explorer options; (7) No more 3-rd party tweaking manager required to change the simplest settings; (8) Disk Cleanup which doesn't scan for items I don't select; (9) Uses gzipped stripped XML configuration files such as for tagging pictures (and Notepad should support it and auto indent tags too); I'd switch to it immediately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use XP pro. I tried to install ubuntu dual boot but I found out that my disk partitoned into logical partitons. :angry: I want to build a pc so I can use linux on it. :D

• 2 weeks later...