[Answered] Heliohost.org sites being marked as spam on Facebook

jdrayas

Hi, when my account got suspended (due to it causing high server load), somehow, Facebook managed to remove my post (an blog post on my site) for being spam which isn't the case. Now that my account is back, I cannot even share my posts on either Facebook or Messenger and the cause is that heliohost.org is a spam site.

Is there a way to circumvent this? I already made an appeal to Facebook but I wanted to get my site out there. Would having a parked domain work?

This is the post in question: http://jdrayas.heliohost.org/2020/01/02/2010-2019-a-decade-in-review/

That's likely because we get a lot of junk sites on here (typically such content is abusive users who create accounts with the goal of setting up illegal stuff like phishing and ponzi schemes, or questionable content like MLMs, etc.). All major free hosts have this issue in our experience. We're more proactive than most, running our own dedicated systems to detect phishing and abuse (as opposed to relying strictly on abuse reports like most other hosts) and try to remove it as quickly as possible, but we can't remove undesirable content until we know about it. For the same reasons, many mail providers mark our mail as spam too.

Also, our advertising sometimes promotes questionable content like online gambling, crypto-currency products, and dubious dating sites. We allow these ads because they pay substantially more than others, and we need all the money we can get to stay in business since we don't sell our product. It's possible their filter picked up on these ads when it tried loading your page.

Finally, depending on the capability of their systems, it's likely possible that their system picked up on the fact the site was suspended and made the incorrect assumption that it was due to abuse when it was simply due to WP being too heavy for the server (typical for WP).