Possibilty with applet windows

Ivar T

Here's a wiki that let you make applets without any IDE download:

http://sandbox.javawide.org/index.php?titl...amp;action=edit

When you are at the edit page, click 'show IDE'. This should bring up an applet that's abit more than the text area. If you additionally click the area of dots on the top of the applet it will be brought out in a seperate window. At least in Windows, this will be without the usual blue bar that tend to be placed on top of windows.

From this page I get the impression that it is possible to make a Java window always be on top of others. I bet this includes applet windows.

With an applet window, without such a blue bar and of minimal size per information, and which could stay on top of other windows even when windows below are selected, I believe it could be possible to notify people of new messages without it being necessary for them to install notification programs on the computer or switch windows all the time.

I guess if it is possible to do it in Java it could also be done in Flash, but what do you think?