[Solved] Domain moving

rebal15

Hey there all, I have recently made an account on Ricky, but I used a domain that I didn’t want. I have tried the change domain bit on your website, but it hasn’t worked. It’s been more than 48hours I believe too....

I would like to change it to:

ifhub.heliohost.org

Sorry for the delay...Johnny took nearly 2 hours to delete your old account. Now I'm waiting on Ricky to change your domain and restart Apache, after which it should work.

The domain change actually succeeded once the old account was removed and is now queued, so it's just a matter of waiting until Apache restarts so it works.

• Like 1

Is it the one cPanel produces? If so, you have to unpack it first. Inside the tar archive is a folder called homedir that has all of your files, and a folder called mysql that contains your databases. 

The backup page in cPanel has an option to restore the database backups. Just select each file you want to restore and it'll create and populate the database.

The files you can just upload with FTP or file manager. Odds are the ones you'll care about are the public_html folder. There's no need to restore the .folders (they're cPanel system data typically).

• Like 1

It can take several hours. Last Apache restart was 3 hours ago. Until the next restart occurs, the site won't work. The restarts occur only when load is low enough to avoid extended downtime on the server. It's supposed to be every 2 hours during periods of low load, but can be extended if load is high.