[Inactive] Cannot get mail

biggd

Greetings!

I noticed today that I cannot get any email from my .groovetunez.ga server.

If I send myself email it never comes to me.

All my settings look good.

What do I need to do to resolve this, as I am afraid I may be missing emails...?

Which server are you on? The domain change script doesn't work for Johnny accounts and so domain changes have to be processed manually by an admin. Also, make sure you fill out the form on a desktop computer. There are issues with filling it out on a phone or tablet. 

I am on Tommy.

I filled out the request on my desktop computer several times with no joy.

Looking at my webmail I have not received any mail since the 20th of January...and I know that I was looking for a few verification emails.

I also did not get any send failed emails when I tried to send myself email...

Edited by biggd

I've escalated this to our root admin.

I thought your main domain was already changed to groovetunez.ga. Anyway, I have changed it back to groovetunez.ga. Make sure to set the correct nameservers.

@qsgt: The script should work on Johnny now but it could break if the load is high. As for it being broken on mobile, Krydos fixed it by removing the mobile interface.

This isn't working because Freenom cancelled his domain on him from the looks of it. If he's lucky he'll be able to re-register it, but if not, there's no way to fix it. He needs to get a new domain.

For what it's worth, Freenom is notorious for this. Me and Krydos have both lost numerous Freenom domains for no reason. Freenom loves to cancel them if they get too much traffic, then try to extort money from you to get them back. One of the best things I ever did was buy a proper domain. We recommend namecheap: https://heliohost.org/partners/namecheap

Also, his domain change failed again, not that it matters since the domain itself is not valid anyway. If I visit http://groovetunez.ga I get freenom spam, not a queued page or anything our servers would put out. Similarly, the domain only has a single DNS record pointed to Freenom's parking page, which is exactly what Freenom domains do when they get cancelled (assuming they don't just stop working entirely).

Host: groovetunez.ga
Class: IN
Ttl: 300
Type: A
Ip: 195.20.52.55

Found that out as well---they are trying to charge me for a domain that was free...

I have a request out to see what can be done as they didn't inform me---kinda scary to know that they are known to do this.

Would it be possible to change over to my .tk domain and move my addresses and website over?

Thank you for all your help!

Edited by biggd

They won't respond typically in my experience. On the rare occasion that they do, it'll be a canned response, usually claiming abuse of some form even no such abuse occurred. That company is all around garbage based on my own experiences. Spend some time on google and you'll see most others agree.

You can set up the .tk domain on your account if you wish, but be aware once it starts getting tons of traffic, they're going to do the same thing to that one too. Your main domain is already set to the .tk version, so you should be able to just point it here and it'll work. You'll need to recreate the subdomains and mailboxes.

The domain change script doesn't work for Johnny accounts and so domain changes have to be processed manually by an admin.

I'm not sure where you got this from. I've tested the domain change script on Johnny and it works just fine. If the load is high, which it frequently is on Johnny, that could cause it to fail though.