1 reply to this topic

#1 HelioHost

HelioHost

Announcements

• Moderators
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:53 AM

Username: matteo85, Server: Johnny, Main domain: matteo85.heliohost.org

I would like my matteo85 server on Johnny migrated to my VPS account. Thank you.
kraigf@yahoo.com
----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Krydos To: kraigf@yahoo.com Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020, 01:12:54 PM MSTSubject: HelioVPS20 Kraigf

VPS20

Username: kraigf

Password: [REDACTED]

IPv4: 64.71.156.100

SSH port: 22

If you want to run a something as root use sudo to run a single command or sudo su to switch to root using the above password. You can change your password if you wish with the passwd command. All of the latest updates are done and everything should be good to go. Let me know if you'd like a free something.heliohost.org domain pointed at your VPS. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. You can email me directly, or you may get a slightly faster response at support@heliohost.org. Just don't email any private information like a password to support. You can also post on the forums https://www.helionet.org/ or discord https://www.heliohost.org/chat/ with VPS questions.

-Krydos
This is an unmonitored account for announcements only.
Wiki | Facebook | Twitter
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:19 PM

The forum or discord will probably get a quicker response for this than the support email. Even though support email goes to the forums, I can't escalate a support email like I can a forum post, as doing so will break the email system.

For what it's worth, cPanel accounts cannot automatically migrate to VPSes because VPSes don't run cPanel (which is very expensive...and kind of silly to do for a single user). Being a VPS, you'd want to install Apache/MySQL/PHP if you or Krydos haven't done so already, then use that to host your content. You can download a full copy of your content from cPanel's backup page. After that, unpack the backup and use the contents of the various folders (homedir and mysql will be the most important) to restore and configure everything.

Krydos will usually install Apache on VPSes if you ask though, and I'm sure he could move the data for you as well (though you'll still need to reconfigure your software with things like new database settings and file locations once it's set up).

Please do not PM me for support. Posting on our forums lets all of us learn.
Do you play Minecraft? | Server Monitors | And the Dumbass of the Decade award goes to...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users