[Solved] Account suspended and recovered but now I can't login

munny

Hi, I can't login to my account "munny". It was suspended. Then I requested its renewal. It was renewed, ok. But now I can't login and my password is correct. Then I try to change my password and I simply can't. Why is this happening. Can you check it to me, please?

Try resetting your password here: https://johnny.heliohost.org:2083/resetpass?start=1

Johnny account passwords usually won't reset through our website due to consistently high load on that server (and to be fair, the password reset on our website fails a lot even on low load servers like Tommy...I kind of wish we'd just do away with it).

Try resetting your password here: https://johnny.heliohost.org:2083/resetpass?start=1

Johnny account passwords usually won't reset through our website due to consistently high load on that server (and to be fair, the password reset on our website fails a lot even on low load servers like Tommy...I kind of wish we'd just do away with it).

Ok, but now I' stuck on that Security Code screen. Waiting for the message to come...

Are you checking the right email address (we have lb***88@***il.com)?

Also, Johnny has been seeing excessive load lately (the system is currently showing that server as down in fact), which will cause the reset mail to take longer than normal (if it ever comes at all). It's quite likely the reset will go to spam as well if it does arrive. Johnny is just a terrible server performance-wise due to overloading. If you don't receive the email, try resetting it again later when this monitor shows Johnny's load bars as green: http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/

If you need a server that actually works reliably, consider moving to Tommy. That server is substantially faster than all the others and doesn't have these issues.

Also, Johnny has been seeing excessive load lately (the system is currently showing that server as down in fact), which will cause the reset mail to take longer than normal (if it ever comes at all). It's quite likely the reset will go to spam as well if it does arrive. Johnny is just a terrible server performance-wise due to overloading. If you don't receive the email, try resetting it again later when this monitor shows Johnny's load bars as green: http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/

If you need a server that actually works reliably, consider moving to Tommy. That server is substantially faster than all the others and doesn't have these issues.

Yep, I really see that I need a real Job's patience. Waiting for it to come still.

Edited by munny

Yep, I really see that I need a real Job's patience. Waiting for it come still.

Ok, I got to solve the first problem. Now how do I solve this?

mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2002): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

I just wanna connect to my database back.

Error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'munny'@'johnny.heliohost.org' (using password: YES)

Edited by munny

Try changing your password again. That error occurs if you change your password when MySQL is down. Since you can log in, change it through cPanel (at the bottom is an option for Password and Security).

cPanel uses your account password to log into mysql. If you change your password when MySQL is down, it isn't informed of the new password, and cPanel subsequently fails to log into mysql when it tries to use the new password against a mysql server that's still expecting the old one.

Try changing your password again. That error occurs if you change your password when MySQL is down. Since you can log in, change it through cPanel (at the bottom is an option for Password and Security).

cPanel uses your account password to log into mysql. If you change your password when MySQL is down, it isn't informed of the new password, and cPanel subsequently fails to log into mysql when it tries to use the new password against a mysql server that's still expecting the old one.

Oh, my Lord. How difficult!

I know. Johnny is just as bad to administer as he is to use. :( I can say that Johnny is easily my least favorite to deal with as an admin.

If you prefer a faster and more reliable experience, please consider moving to Tommy. Tommy doesn't experience any of these weird issues because he's not overloaded and has tighter controls in place to keep the server stable. Ricky is very slow, but is some sort of middle ground between Johnny and Tommy on the stability scale.

Johnny is basically a dumping ground for all the free accounts that are just passing through and want to test their code or host some sort of project temporarily. Johnny users who plan to stick around usually move to one of the other two servers once they know their code works here.

I know. Johnny is just as bad to administer as he is to use. :( I can say that Johnny is easily my least favorite to deal with as an admin.

If you prefer a faster and more reliable experience, please consider moving to Tommy. Tommy doesn't experience any of these weird issues because he's not overloaded and has tighter controls in place to keep the server stable. Ricky is very slow, but is some sort of middle ground between Johnny and Tommy on the stability scale.

Johnny is basically a dumping ground for all the free accounts that are just passing through and want to test their code or host some sort of project temporarily. Johnny users who plan to stick around usually move to one of the other two servers once they know their code works here.

I've just done what you asked me to do. I changed my password for the second time. But nice! Now I forgot to change my password in Dreamweaver and I tried to connect to the server via FTP two or three times, and now my IP is blocked. Excellent!! I'll have to open a new request. Thank you! Edited by munny