[Inactive] Education accounts request: dctidata

dctidata

your HelioHost username: dctidata
the server your account is on:I cant find it in the setting info
your HelioHost main domain: dctidata

I've created the domain in december 2019  to be used by my master computer science students. The course started only this week and just now I noticed that the accounts were suspended because we didn't use it until now.

Is it possible to "open" the accounts? namely the 40 account (dctidata_g01, dctidata_g02, ....., dctidata_g40), one for each student, and the general one "dctidata"?

Thank you in advance.

Pedro Ramos

The account dctidata has been unarchived.

The other 40 accounts don't exist. I believe we've done educational use requests in the past though, so I'll pass this on to our other administrator Krydos to see how he wants to go about handling this. He'll post here with an answer when he sees this topic.

Krydos will want to know a bit more about how these accounts will be used, who will be using them, and for how long. He'll have specific questions I'm sure, but if you want to provide an overview of the program in question and what sort of projects the students will be running on the accounts, that would be a good start :)

Each of the 40 user accounts requires a unique email address, so what you could do is create an email address for each student on your main account. Something like g01@dctidata.heliohost.org, g02@dctidata.heliohost.org, g03@dctidata.heliohost.org... etc. Then we can send an invite to each of those 40 email addresses to get around the daily signup limit. Then you can click the link in each of the 40 inboxes to set up the account, and set a default password, etc.

If you don't want to create all of the accounts yourself, you could just have the students create their own accounts with their own email addresses, but they would be limited by the number of free signup slots that are available for the day. If you were to send us their email addresses (not publicly) we could send invites out to all of them though. You would also have to provide a list of all the students accounts with this method so we could whitelist them against being suspended for having more than one account.

Anyways, I'm really excited that you want to use our hosting service to help teach your students. Let us know how we can help.