[Solved] Unable to host my domain on heliohost

whisdfkj

Hi,

For some reason I'm unable to add my own domain to Helio Host even with the fact that I have setup the Name Servers
(ns1.heliohost.org  ns2.heliohost.org), and I waited for more that 48h, still unable to add it.

I've heard that somebody else had the same issue with the same domain provider and he asked for the same thing and you solved the issue.

I kindly request from the stuff admins to add it for me manually. 

If you can help I will send the domain name in PM to you just let me know, the reason for that I'm working on something important
I don't want random visits ..yet, for security reasons since this is a public post I hope you understand.
Thank you very much.

I can manually add it for you.

If it's supposed to be your main domain or an alias, I only need the name of the domain in question.

If you want it listed as an addon domain, you should also create a subdomain on your account, then tell me what you called that subdomain so I can park it on top to make an addon domain.

• Like 1

I can manually add it for you.

If it's supposed to be your main domain or an alias, I only need the name of the domain in question.

If you want it listed as an addon domain, you should also create a subdomain on your account, then tell me what you called that subdomain so I can park it on top to make an addon domain.

Hi,

Yes please I would love if you can just add it for me as a main domain. 

I have sent the domain name to you in private message.

Hi, 

Thank you very much.

I waited enough I guess, two days and I didn't start working on my source code yet, this is not gonna work any how,

I even used cloudns.net I had changed my domain name servers successfully to theirs in a couple of seconds its not a host its a free dns manager,

but I don't know why I can't change them to yours.

You would be my savior for real if you can make this domain work.

In case you can't do anything so can I get back my pervious domain because now its seems like I can't use my account for anything.

It's because of Cloudflare. CF is providing the required DNS so the domain is working. I see a login prompt when I visit it. The server is fully ready to accept requests for the domain, but our DNS servers are not cooperating for some reason so nobody was able to find it.

Our name servers have something wrong with them I think. When I query either of them for your domain, I get "query refused", which is an error I've never seen before. I'd normally have Krydos look into this, but since you're using CF it's a moot point anyway.

• Like 1

It's because of Cloudflare. CF is providing the required DNS so the domain is working. I see a login prompt when I visit it. The server is fully ready to accept requests for the domain, but our DNS servers are not cooperating for some reason so nobody was able to find it.

Our name servers have something wrong with them I think. When I query either of them for your domain, I get "query refused", which is an error I've never seen before. I'd normally have Krydos look into this, but since you're using CF it's a moot point anyway.

Yea me too i did not expect this to work at all i just add Cloudflare dns to my domain then i created an A record with my server ip address i also added  HH NS 

i think i should create all the necessary records manually. for example mail.xxx.com , cpanel.xxx.com.

Correct, you should add all appropriate records. The most important will be the A or CNAME records for mail, www, ftp, and cpanel, and the TXT records for mail (DKIM and SPF). If you use webdisk you'll want to add that one as well. You can take a look in the cPanel zone editor to see what they should be.

Keep in mind that if you decide to use subdomains, you'll need to add an A or CNAME record for the new subdomain on CF as well.

• Like 1

Correct, you should add all appropriate records. The most important will be the A or CNAME records for mail, www, ftp, and cpanel, and the TXT records for mail (DKIM and SPF). If you use webdisk you'll want to add that one as well. You can take a look in the cPanel zone editor to see what they should be.

Keep in mind that if you decide to use subdomains, you'll need to add an A or CNAME record for the new subdomain on CF as well.

I'm very sorry for spamming you guys with my issues posts.

I'm very thankful for where am I now, I need one last thing from you to get everything up and ready.

I need to change my root directory from:

public_html

To

public_html/public

I tried to do it myself with .htaccess

but its dirty trick that can cause errors and issues in the future, not a good idea.

Edited by whisdfkj

You'd need to make the domain an addon domain if you want to use a folder other than public_html. Since you cannot use our name servers for some reason, you cannot use addon domains.

The main domain always points to public_html and cannot be changed.

As a result, the answer to your question is simply "you can't."

• Like 1