5 replies to this topic

#1 fasouza

fasouza

Rank I Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 04:37 PM

What could be using for blogging in place of WordPress?

Right now I'm trying Grav, but since it uses proc_open in its scheduler I'm not sure it's the best choice.

Does someone can recommend me other options?

#2 flazepe

flazepe

Rank X Member

• Moderators
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 04:56 PM

Grav is not bad. Do you really need the scheduler?

#3 fasouza

fasouza

Rank I Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:14 PM

I don't need it. To be honest, if I didn't misclick on it I probably wouldn't never saw it was broken.
I just thought that it could cause problems with its functionality or security issues.

Also, someone on Discord said Grav could be worse than WordPress for the server, so it made me a little insecure.

Does it really is true?

If that's not the case I can stay with it since I really liked how Grav works and I've found a good template for blogging.

Edited by fasouza, 15 March 2020 - 05:16 PM.

#4 flazepe

flazepe

Rank X Member

• Moderators
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:45 PM

No way. Grav is 200% better than badly-coded WordPress, especially since it's flat-file (though some might argue). Whoever told you that gave false information.

#5 loratadi

loratadi

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 06:42 PM

If you are worried about server resources and depending on what features you want your blog to have, you could investigate using a pre generated blog managed by one of the static site generators such as Hugo or Zola.  Then the server never has to do any more work than delivering unchanging files over HTTP.  But of course your readers can't make comments and such.  You can work around some of that by using Ecmascript for interactivity and external services for state/data, for example Disqus for comments, at the cost of losing privacy/control of that data.

This page has a list of them:

https://www.staticgen.com/

#6 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 11,848 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 12:49 AM

could be worse than WordPress for the server

There ain't no such thing as 'worse than WordPress'. Literally any product that's not WordPress...is better than WordPress.

Please do not PM me for support. Posting on our forums lets all of us learn.
Do you play Minecraft? | Server Monitors | And the Dumbass of the Decade award goes to...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users