[Inactive] Load monitoring

hearts

Blocked by load times of 2 to 10 minutes for an empty html page.

- How can I see if Jonnhy is overloaded in real time ?

- Is there a server available on free hosting that offers an acceptable speed (php, mysql, mail) ?

Real time? Not really, though it can usually be had to within a few minutes. The load images in Luigi's signature are the closest you'll get to real time.

Historical information is available here: http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/ Data is usually current to within the hour, but sometimes falls a little behind. We don't run this monitor service, it's provided for free by one of our users Piotr GRD.

As for speed, yeah, johnny sucks when load is up. Minutes for an empty page is normal during periods of load, and if you actually installed software a 500 error should be expected due to php's process timing out. Johnny exists for those who want to play around with a piece of software, test their code, etc. and is not meant for production websites.

Tommy is a much better choice if you need an account with good up time.

Guest yikes

To add to the alternatives, I also have a monitoring service, provided by a third party, hosted on a third party. You can find it in my signature.

It doesn't have the history Piotr's monitoring has but it's about as accurate.

I tried several times to signup for Tommy at the precise reset second.

It kicked me always back to registering page.

I took Jonnhy.

Tommy is only accessible by donation ?

Migration is only possible by closing the account and trying to subscribe again ?

Tommy currently fills in 1-2 seconds, so it's basically a lottery as to who gets it. You basically have to get to the server selection screen and mash F5 at midnight UTC hoping you're the one who sees it open.

An account can be moved directly to tommy (as opposed to deletion and trying to sign up for free) but that service requires you be a donor.

On reset, refresh displays a checkbox instead of "Full". I tried several times to click the button under. But it kicked me back to registering form beginning.
This happens because the time I clicked the button, all the Tommy slots were already taken ?

How much slots available per reset for how much Johnny population ?

Please confirm that if I click first the signup button for Tommy should not kick me back to beginning of registering.

As 2 accounts are forbidden, I will have to delete my account to try again and again as I already did in vain to register at midnight UTC for a Tommy because of heavy latency on Johnny.

We’ve had people try for weeks without success, and others get it on their first try.

We don’t provide specifics on how many per day is given away, but it’s always less than 3 for tommy. That’s in contrast to Johnny which usually gives out 20+. The number given by a server is never 0 unless announced. On average, tommy fills in 0-5 seconds.

There’s no need to check the box, just click the sign up button. If it kicks you out, you didn’t get it. Also, don’t do the validation too early or your session can time out before midnight.

Thank you very much.

I requested account deletion of "A" 13h ago. "A" user has been deleted for heliohost.org.

I subscribed on reset.

"A" was still unavailable. I registered as "B".

Is there a possibility to rename my user name from "A" to "B" please ?

There's actually no way to rename a hosting account oddly enough.

Your forum account can definitely be renamed though. In fact, your old forum account should still be valid if you want me to merge the two. Do you want me to merge and rename the forum accounts?

It looks like the Johnny account didn't clean up properly for some reason so I've fixed it for you.

The domain <removed> has been cleaned up, and has been assigned to your new tommy account. It should start working shortly.

Edited by Krydos
user request

Thank you for the advice about Tommy subscription.

Thank you for the previous domain reassigned.

Thank you for all the CPanel options available for free.

Cpanel is now accessible.

FTP is not working. Port and host are correctly updated from johnny to tommy but authentication is rejected.

Other parameters are 100% correct, as it was working with the previous account.
I tried with several ftp users, none of them works.

It looks like the issue of the previous account: is anything frozen for FTP on this account ?

4 first tries: key exchange, user seems accepted but connection fails.
Next tries: no connection to server, no key exchange. IP blocked ?

For users/developpers interested in Tommy subscription, here's how I subscribed with the useful advice from Wolstech:

1 minute before reset: subscription. Email validation redirects on server choice. Check Production. Validate.

On reset: press Refresh. Refresh button turns into Next button. Tommy is already checked, click Next.

Type domain name. Got kicked to captcha again (even under 60s). Check Production, Validate Tommy, reenter domain, this times password is asked.

This line above took me probably 1-2 minutes.

I waited a few days, before trying to connect to anything except support forum (helionet.org) to avoid account freeze. I got access to CPanel after manual password reset.