[Inactive] Load monitoring

hearts

Thank you for the advice about Tommy subscription.

Thank you for the previous domain reassigned.

Thank you for all the CPanel options available for free.

Cpanel is now accessible.

FTP is not working. Port and host are correctly updated from johnny to tommy but authentication is rejected.

Other parameters are 100% correct, as it was working with the previous account.

I tried with several ftp users, none of them works.

It looks like the issue of the previous account: is anything frozen for FTP on this account ?

4 first tries: key exchange, user seems accepted but connection fails.

Next tries: no connection to server, no key exchange. IP blocked ?

Yes you were blocked. I've unblocked you.

Are you using SFTP? If so, the ONLY user account that will work is your cpanel username and password. You cannot create additional accounts that will work over SFTP.

In order to use the FTP accounts you create in cpanel, you need to use "plain" (unencrypted) FTP, hostname tommy.heliohost.org, port 21.

FTP over TLS is not supported (it does seem to randomly work, but it's never reliable and we don't officially support its use).

A possibility with the password difficulty is related to the characters type management.

There is a difference between the password typed by the user and the one kept by the server.

If more details could be useful, I suggest PM.

Please precise by PM or here which characters types are allowed/cleaned for passwords ?

If this is not too much asking, please remove the full URL mentioned in post #14.

Is the domain opened to the web ranking/crawlers ? Some free hosts block websites from being referenced.

Topic solved. Thank you.

If this is not too much asking, please remove the full URL mentioned in post #14.

Done.

Is the domain opened to the web ranking/crawlers ? Some free hosts block websites from being referenced.

Yes, search engine crawlers can access your domain as long as you don't block access yourself.

Please precise by PM or here which characters types are allowed/cleaned for passwords ?

Everything is allowed except spaces, tabs, and double quotes ".

I don't question what was said.

For sharing purpose: some characters are eliminated from username and maybe from password chosen by the user.
This is transparent to the user with username (logins works with and without these characters inside the username), but not for password. My apologize if this observation is wrong. My hypothesis was that the password issues were due to this.