[Solved] Error adding domain. Again... (DNS server REFUSED issue)

ballagyr

So, I needed to change my main domain, but for some reason, as soon as I changed, the domain (cybercity.eu.org), that already worked before as an addon domain. The propagation went crazy, as if I had messed with the nameserver, even though I didn't even do it. Was lost synchrony, the strangest thing is that my new main domain, was in a much worse state of propagations, but that started to work in less than 5hrs...

I needed to change the main domain, due to some type of restriction that was imposed on the domain (heliohost.org). As soon as changed to (internetstate.eu.org), which in turn works 100%. I had to re-add my previous addon domain, but I can't.

So again I ask you to add the domain (cybercity.eu.org) to the subdomain (cybercity.internetstate.eu.org).

Also please, that it allows you to add my domains without the need to come here, I believe that there must be some way to desactivate this NS check the moment it is added. Because that would speed it up a lot.

Thank you very much, to do so.

PS: I created this new topic, because I believe I shouldn't have touched on a topic marked with "solved" ... Sorry about that.

Krydos wanted me to send him one of these cases when I came across one. You're one of many with this problem at the moment, and we needed a broken domain to investigate with. We think the issue is something to do with our DNS server sending REFUSED and/or SERVFAIL instead of NXDOMAIN like it's supposed to.

The domain cybercity.eu.org is returning REFUSED against NS1 at the moment, so you're the lucky one to try and get this fixed :)

; <<>> DiG 9.8.1-P1 <<>> @ns1.heliohost.org cybercity.eu.org A +m
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 57885
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;cybercity.eu.org. IN A
;; Query time: 64 msec
;; SERVER: 2001:470:1:1ee::1002#53(2001:470:1:1ee::1002)
;; WHEN: Wed Mar 25 14:40:21 2020
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 34

There you go https://cybercity.eu.org/

Sorry for the delay. I couldn't figure out a way to make it work on my own so I contacted cpanel to see if anything was wrong with our dns. Fortunately there is nothing wrong with our end. Unfortunately, the problem is with the way eu.org does things. The only thing we could do to allow people to park their own eu.org domains is disable the nameserver check entirely which means idiots would be able to park domains like google.com, which they obviously don't control. I'm not willing to disable the nameserver check so if anyone wants to add a .br domain or a eu.org domain they will need to add it as their main domain, and they can only have one without the help of an admin.

Interesting question, but would it be possible for cpanel to be modified to conditionally skip the nameserver check only when the domain ends in .br or .eu.org?

That way these offenders work properly here but we don't allow stuff like google.com to get registered...

There you go https://cybercity.eu.org/

Sorry for the delay. I couldn't figure out a way to make it work on my own so I contacted cpanel to see if anything was wrong with our dns. Fortunately there is nothing wrong with our end. Unfortunately, the problem is with the way eu.org does things. The only thing we could do to allow people to park their own eu.org domains is disable the nameserver check entirely which means idiots would be able to park domains like google.com, which they obviously don't control. I'm not willing to disable the nameserver check so if anyone wants to add a .br domain or a eu.org domain they will need to add it as their main domain, and they can only have one without the help of an admin.

But this is a problem for me, because if I always have to add a secondary domain, I will have to add it as a primary domain, that would be an additional problem. Because when I did that, all of my settings were deleted in the process. (cybercity.eu.org) was not touched by me, the main domain change process excluded it.

Other hosts I used until recently, had no DNS verification and I was able to add any .eu.org domain without problems. This verification system imposes limits where it does not exist.

Anyway, thank you.

Very true. Their service sucks in every way imaginable, especially when it comes to any sort of reliability. I've only seen that one case, so unless we get an influx of freenom users that suddenly can't use their domains, I guess it's best we assume freenom was just sucking that day.

which means idiots would be able to park domains like google.com

Sorry krydos, but that doesn't make sense. Even if someone adds a domain that is not theirs here, if they don't have access to their current provider's control panel, nothing will happen. I know that perfectly well. It just wouldn't work, there's no way. He can add, but nothing happens and in the end, he would just be an idiot.

But that's it, you decide, I won't insist.

Edited by ballagyr

The way our servers work means these getting parked can cause major issues. The outside world won't see much wrong, but stuff running on the server won't function properly, and there's risk of data loss as well.

We've actually had it happen at least once, so it's not speculation. It's experience.